Newbie says Hi

Name
Davy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all ,just introducing myself and looking for some advice / opinions.I live in Fife , Scotland shoot mostly motorsport ,car shows ,events . Love to shoot 35mm film and digital.
Like to try my hand at most types of photography and have a reasonable understanding of basics , though have a lot to learn. I have been shooting my nikon d3000 for around 5 years and recently bought a little used D300 and i am impressed with the images from this camera, i sold my tamron 70-300 non VC ( my knockhill "go to " lens) so i am keen to buy another lens to replace it . As knockhill is my main venue i was all set to buy tamron 70-300mm VC which gets excellent reviews, however i have discovered the 80-200 nikon f2.8! Is it worth sacrificing the lack of reach for image capabilities /build quality of the Nikon lens? My budget is a strict £300. Apologies for rambling on in my first post ,i am brand new to this forum and am unsure of layout at present. All opinions /advice greatly appreciated. cheers Davy.

Hi David and welcome. There is lots of info and inspiration on here. Dive in and enjoy yourself.

Hi Davy, good intro :)

Can't help with Nikon etc :canon:

Enjoy the forum

Hi Davy, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Hi Davy, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".
Hi George thank you for your message , looking forward to broadening my horizons with the inspiration and wealth of experience available on the forum . Davy

Back