Newbie - Sony A300 or A350

Hi guys, i`m completely new in DSLR photographing, bought my A350 just month ago.. well, actually i`ve ordered A200 and recieved A350 for same price :D but even if i have no experiencess with photography have to say i`m bit dissapointed with noise on ISO400 and higher. Looks like i`ll be soon upgrading, not decided yet if for Sony again (although love live view and adjustable screen).

Anyway, im about to upload my first pic post, as soon as i`ll get back home from worktrip. Looking forward for comments.

Hi guys, i`m completely new in DSLR photographing, bought my A350 just month ago.. well, actually i`ve ordered A200 and recieved A350 for same price :D but even if i have no experiencess with photography have to say i`m bit dissapointed with noise on ISO400 and higher. Looks like i`ll be soon upgrading, not decided yet if for Sony again (although love live view and adjustable screen).

Anyway, im about to upload my first pic post, as soon as i`ll get back home from worktrip. Looking forward for comments.

wow, for the same price, that's cool

Was ordered from ebay but i`m not telling you seller name :D

Feel bad about not leaving any feedback but really didn`t know what to write :LOL:

genchi...the A350 is a little bit more noisier(sp)than both the A200 and A300 because of the higher MP on the APSC sized sensor.i shoot generally between ISO's 100-800,and after running through noiseware,it's hardly noticeable...without any great loss in sharpness.i will shortly be adding the A700 to my armoury though,so i expect to see big improvements.

right I have joined the club.

just bought the following:

a300 with kit lens
tamrom 70 - 300mm
sandisk 4gb extreme 4

all for £430 and get £40 cashback from sony.

so will cost £390

Nice. Let me know what you think of the Tamron mate. Particularly interested in image quality at the long end.

another question for people, do you print your own pictures at home or get them done at a shop or from a website?

another question for people, do you print your own pictures at home or get them done at a shop or from a website?

I tend to print my own. What do you want to do with your prints?

i might want to print of some 7 x 5 which is probably fine at home, i use fuji film paper with epson printer.

but if i wanted to print a3 where would be the best place for this to be done?

i might want to print of some 7 x 5 which is probably fine at home, i use fuji film paper with epson printer.

but if i wanted to print a3 where would be the best place for this to be done?

Never printed A3 myself, but there are plenty of places that will do it. Depends on how much you want to pay though. Loxley Colour are very good, but also expensive. Photobox are cheap, but some say there are quality issues, although I've never had a problem myself. There is also Togsprint, the owner of which is a member here (LeeP). Try doing a forum search, there have been many threads on here.

Nice. Let me know what you think of the Tamron mate. Particularly interested in image quality at the long end.

Should have got the sigma, it's a better lens according to all reviews. The Tamron suffers "chronic" chromatic abberation past 2/3 zoom especially if at f/4 and into bright light (see previous post). Saying that, the Tamron isn't a bad lens but does suffer from noise in certain conditions.

For an explanation of chromatic abberation, search google images or wikipedia and it'll turn up quite a few good examples. I'll post some images later that have been taken with the Tamron 70-300mm, some good some bad!

Happy snapping.

i have been already a little bit, but will be a bit more now. guess we should close this thread down now

congrats

i'm well chuffed with the a300

Back