Newbie to film - help desperately wanted!

• Thread starter Rob.Richards
  • Start date
R

Rob.Richards

I have a few questions and I hope you can help!

I am very close to buying my first film SLR and there are a few on the table (all Canon EOS so I can use my current lenses) and some user experience would really help!

They are:

EOS 3000V
EOS 5
EOS 50E
EOS 500
EOS 630 (which I think is the US version of the EOS 600)

Although the EOS 5 is almost 3 x the price of the others, I am thinking this could be an option, otherwise I think the 630. Would these be good potential choices?

Secondly! I want to get my films printed but where would be best, is there reccomended places for velvia 50 and if so how much do they cost?

Finally, if I wanted to put the pictures onto the computer - how do i do that?

Please help!!!

I have an eos 650 and have used a 50E I would go for the 5, I kinda want one even though almost all the film I shoot is in my salyut :D

Getting the images onto a computer is a fairly simple process... Depending where you have the film processed, the negatives can be scanned and put onto CD as simple jpeg's

The shop I work in does it regularly

I use Tescos for my film developing, the girl who runs it is pretty good and she can develop the film and put on cd for less than £2.00.

For the rest I've a Canon 600 sitting around doing nothing but I've never used it!

I think I will have to give the EOS 5 a miss although it is £90 with a Sigma 24-70 lens (old one I guess) i just cant run to it!

I am thinking the EOS 600 (or US 630) over the 50E possibly as it has the benefit of 5 fps and +5-5 exposure. It has less custom functions (and it is all black!)

I have a wanted thread (Canon Film SLR) re the 600 if you want to put it on there as no dealing on other thread or via pm thanks for the advice...

Back