Beginner Newbie

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, newbie from Darwen. Just bought myself a Canon 1100d. And I know the obvious is to get out there and snap away. But any tips to get going.

My aims are nice photos of my motorbike in different locations, landscapes when out on my motorbike or Mountain bike. And pictures of my Royal Pythons

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The best advice I can give is, as you say... get out there and get shooting! The more you shoot the more you learn. There are plenty of good videos on YouTube that you can watch at your leisure... watch a couple and try out the stuff you learn. Most of all though, have fun. The more fun you have the more you will want to learn!

Welcome to the forums. sounds like you have some interesting subjects there.

I think I need to improve my composition also. I'm currently reading the manual also.

My little tip would be to carry or have the manual on your phone.

If your anything like me, what you read now will go in one ear/eye and fall out somewhere just as quick.

Need some inspirational ideas for taking nice photos of my motorbike. Any suggestions?

Hello, newbie from Darwen. Just bought myself a Canon 1100d. And I know the obvious is to get out there and snap away. But any tips to get going.

My aims are nice photos of my motorbike in different locations, landscapes when out on my motorbike or Mountain bike. And pictures of my Royal Pythons

Hi and welcome and enjoy your new camera and hobby, oh and prepare to be broke :D.

If you look at the photos on here in the Motorsport section, they can give real inspiration and if you ask the thread author, they'll give you help and advice over how they've shot it.

Oh and if you've not been, out local circuit - Oulton park is well worth a trip. The meetings are excellent and the track days are free to spectate, so could help you improve your skills.

As mint says above just get out there and take photographs. If your camera has 'P' mode start off with that so at least you'll get good exposures while you learn composition. And you sound as though you already have a project as an incentive - taking photos of your motorbike in various landscapes. Sounds good to me. The beauty of digital is that, unlike film, you never waste a shot - just delete it if its bad and keep the good stuff. Get used to your camera, have fun before you start to look at any accessories.

Enjoy!

Yeah my problem and it's not just new hobbies like Photography is I get too preoccupied in trying to take it seriously, and expect myself to be taking perfect pictures straight away.
I need to just get on my motorbike/mountain bike enjoy riding them and if I see something I like get my camera out. Or even go for a late night walk and snap away.

Personally my advice would be to stick your camera into Av mode and get on with shooting as much as you can and post on the forum for critique and advice, it's hard to really offer a lot of advice till we see what your currently doing (y)

Hello and welcome. To get the best out of your camera you need to understand Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO; how they relate to each other and the effect they have on the image. There are tutorials on this site and on many other sites on the Web. Just Google for these three elements and you'll find loads. You are already reading the manual which is a good and as already said take the manual (in some form) with you when you go out.

In the digital world photos are effectively free so take loads and look at the EXIF data (which holds information on the settings used) that the camera records with every shot. At first it won't mean a lot but as you get an understanding of aperture/shutter speed and ISO you'll be able to use the EXIF data to help if you did not get the result you wanted.

Dave

I need to just get on my motorbike/mountain bike enjoy riding them and if I see something I like get my camera out.

When you are first starting out I would not recommend that approach. In my opinion you will not learn as much as if you were to dedicate time to go out and shoot. This will allow you to take your time and look over your shots and experiment with your setting as you go. The important part of this is taking your time and looking over your shots to see what works and what does not.

:canon:

im a newbie also.. with my 60d.. stil learning appeture,iso,shutter speeds .. ( IM NOT ASHAMED TO SAY) !

13love and health to everyone !

Back