Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys. I am at present in Lincolnshire. I had a new kit this year as most of the old camera D5000 and lenses just over a short time broke down. I had to put savings away for a new kit and as I loved my D5000 I bought the upgrade, D5600. I used Nikons when I was a medical photographer back in the 70's. And I bought one again, but these, of course, are digital ones. As I am just an amateur these days and it was a long long time ago since I was a photographer, I had forgotten all my teachings. Then I started to relearn all the details again. As the digital age became a reality with cameras I started with a point and shoot due to the costs. I still yearn for a darkroom, as it was always magic working with images coming through on photo papers. I have still got my darkroom stuff, but sadly it's stuck in a corner gathering dust. I had this stuff since I was 11 years old. It still all works, but not sure what to do with it as yet. All the chemicals, papers etc cost an arm and a leg these days. I do hate labels attached to cameras, like amateur, professional etc. Those labels don't always equate, as many people can produce great images with lower cost cameras. The main point is that it is what you can afford, and not what the label tells you what you are. I have seen expensive pro cameras in rich peoples hands and they know very little about their camera and how to use and vice versa. There, I have had my moan and introduced myself. I love my photography and take any opportunity to click that shutter. At least that last part hasn't changed yet. ;) I say at the beginning I am from Lincs due to this is where my home is, we are actually in the throws of moving to Devon. My home where I grew up is in Oxfordshire. Looking forward to posting. And please I love critique, but as I always say, any art form is a subjective expression from one's self.

Last edited:
Hi Tony, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum, :welcome:

Back