Name
Brian Ronald Pritchard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone my name is Brian a freelance photographer from Dumfries & Galloway Scotland. I suffer from Motor Neuron Disease luckily if luck is the right word I have the slow burn version of the disease. I used to hump around a huge bag of Nikon cameras, lenses, and tripod up Scottish mountains. I photograph landscapes all over Scotland so I still climb mountains just very slowly carrying a plastic waterproof camera box with a complete M4/3rds kit Lumix GH4 and my latest acquisition the Much-maligned Lumix G100. Well, I totally disagree with the vlogging community. I sometimes wonder if those Vloggers actually utilise the camera to its full capability. It hasn't got Ibis so it is no use when walking and talking as it is unstable. It has lens stabilization and very good face detection with built-in electronic body stabilization Nokia's surround sound recording. Oh! it has a severe crop in 4K do what you can't do with the Sony sv1 change the lens. I'm not a vlogger the G100 is a great stills camera basically it's a tiny version of the very capable Lumix G9. Most of all it is a camera that an MND sufferer can use easily and most of all it retails at stupid money. Maybe I should not have had a rant on my first post but I just hate good gear being poorly represented by so-called experts. One advantage all this drivel over the camera has caused is big price reductions.
Cheers Brian

Welcome to Talk Photography Brian, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

Hi Bria, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Hello Brian and welcome :D

I have Panasonic cameras, GM5, GX80 and GX9. The G100 has passed me by but I'll read up on it. I did love my G1 and I still think it was probably the best handling camera I've ever had.

Good to know that you're getting on with your hobby despite the challenges you have and all respect to you for that.

I'll look forward to seeing your pictures and reading your rants!!! :D

Enjoy :D

Hi Dave I would love to have shown my Scottish landscapes to you but under contract, I no longer own the copyright this is how I make my dosh I sell the whole pic to the buyer. Now we are out of lockdown I intend to get out and about Once back into the swing I'll download to the forum for sure.
Cheers, Brian. Here's a little taster. Three waters meet near Glen Coe unedited.

Attachments

• DSC07980 (2017_06_23 07_19_30 UTC) (2).JPG
    DSC07980 (2017_06_23 07_19_30 UTC) (2).JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 5
Hi Brian, enjoy yourself here and have fun:)

Hi woof woof, so glad you enjoy using Panasonic cameras. I can't as yet give you a link to check out the G100 but I can give you a name Marcus pix he really puts the G100 through its paces.

Hi woof woof, so glad you enjoy using Panasonic cameras. I can't as yet give you a link to check out the G100 but I can give you a name Marcus pix he really puts the G100 through its paces.

Hi Brian.

I've just read up on it and although I know nothing at all about vlogging it does look to be a perfectly good camera to take still pictures with. I see it has the 20mp chip, I suppose it's the same one as in my GX9.

Enjoy!

Oh. BTW. There's a Panasonic owners thread here...

And like this thread where people post pictures they've taken "today."

Hi woof woof I don't vlog either but on youtube, nothing but vloggers say the G100 is no use as a vlog camera. They just keep touting the Sony sv1 smaller sensor no viewfinder no interchangeable lenses no focus peeking, I could go on and on but no they still poopoo the G100. Now as a stills and video camera the G100 is a wolf in sheep's clothing a beast beautiful full swivel screen with fewer buttons ease of operation fantastic bright large EVF phone controlled image transfer via Bluetooth or WIFI plus of course able to lift a 4K 8MP image from video. I'm going to enclose a pic of my G100 kit in its plastic box cam box.jpg

Back