newbie's unusual cloud formations c&c

Name
Jo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, these are my first postings, I'm very new at this wonderfull hobby so please be gentle! but all c&s more than welcome. Thanks

unusual_cloud_formation_over_Bentham_6_.JPG

unusual_cloud_formation_over_Bentham_2_.JPG

unusual_cloud_formation_over_Bentham_4_.JPG

Looks alright, i quite like clouds :D :LOL:

Nice - clouds really float my boat. If you intended to capture just the cloud formations then these are great. If you want to take it a step further where you use the clouds as part of an image which is interesting and a pleasure to look at then try incorporating principles of composition e.g the rule of thirds and having a subject and foreground detail etc. There's lots here on this site on composition and for me it was a super helpful starting point study and nail. You may know all this already and may not have been trying to achieve this in these shots so feel free to ignore me :)

Last edited:
You could save the cloud images n drop them behind a favoured image with a lifless sky?have you tried HDR?

nice-= )

Hi, these are my first postings, I'm very new at this wonderfull hobby so please be gentle! but all c&s more than welcome. Thanks

I note that you live on the Yorkshire Lancashire border. I got some fabulous shots on the Burnley to Hebden Bridge road that goes over the top, passing the windmill farm. It must have been midday in June and it looked like the dead of the night with the thick heavy clouds. I also missed some great shots on the same road when the mist was in the valleys beneath the hill tops.

Back