Newborn, C+C

Riz

Edit My Images
Yes
Just this for C+C please

5446462152_f096e9d907.jpg

lol he always frowns. It was just a gold reflector from a window, no flash.

Poin taken not a very warming image

Last edited:
hi - do you not have any photos of him smiling or at least a colored version?
i kinda don't like the black and white and also - he kinda looks evil.
his eyes are too dark and with his nails kinda long - he looks like ... well... not a nice baby :)

No smiley pics yet, hes only a week old. Unfortunately his eyes are dark and he has long nails?

hi - do you not have any photos of him smiling

I think he may be a little bit young to be producing smiles, just yet ;)

As a capture of a newborn for a memory for mum or dad, I think it's a lovely photo. He looks absolutely brand new in your picture, and it's very difficult to get "interesting" photos at that age without going down the route of props, etc.

As a capture of an event, then it's lovely. But I agree that colour may be slightly softer than the B&W. It is, after all, a warming occasion and I think the monochrome may be a bit harsh for the event IYSWIM.

if he is only a week old - then he is perfect for newborn shots!

they say newborn shots should be done within the first 14 days (they sleep more hence it's easier to pose and shoot them - just ask ann geddes)

get him again and do more shots!
i'd love to try my hands at newborn shoot!

look at babyasart.com

get him to sleep and pose him - arms crossed under his chin is popular and easy!
in fact - check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP87GV4VvJU

Last edited:
god wind your necks in!! LOL
in my opinion i think its lovely :)

its a newborn baby,...they dont smile!
they have long fingernails....the finger nails start growing way before birth..
black and white doesnt always mean cold, i like it.

jeez it might need crit, but we dont want to put anyone OFF photography....get a grip guys :) xx

saying 'not a nice baby' is just evil!.....if someone said that about my child they wouldnt live long enough to take another breath!!!! just think about it.....

Personally I think the only problem is the baby is "sitting up".

It's not a natural pose for a child of that age to be in.

That's why it doesn't work.

god wind your necks in!! LOL
in my opinion i think its lovely :)

its a newborn baby,...they dont smile!
they have long fingernails....the finger nails start growing way before birth..
black and white doesnt always mean cold, i like it.

jeez it might need crit, but we dont want to put anyone OFF photography....get a grip guys :) xx

saying 'not a nice baby' is just evil!.....if someone said that about my child they wouldnt live long enough to take another breath!!!! just think about it.....

wow... what's happened? i dont think i was harsh and too picky in my initial comment?

edit: oh ok - I called him evil looking. sorry - *slap wrist*

anyway - get get the baby again and shoot as much as you can - I would if i knew anyone with a newborn! :)

Last edited:
I really like this, its more real, I'm not a huge fan of posed baby photos, he looks like a little wizened old man with a grumpy face,'which is how many newborns really look.

I think it's fab.

Not a fan of this pic, must be honest. Wrong pose for the baby. Cropped very tightly. B&W is very bad.

There are much more interesting ways to take a pic of a baby. It can take time as they cant pose or hold position for long, but as jamin100 has shown, you can capture a nice pics of the little 'ens.

wow... what's happened? i dont think i was harsh and too picky in my initial comment?

edit: oh ok - I called him evil looking. sorry - *slap wrist*

anyway - get get the baby again and shoot as much as you can - I would if i knew anyone with a newborn! :)

lol dont worry, others were much more cruel than you ;)

Im glad to see others giving much more constructive crit :clap:
this forum was starting to turn into a place to come n b*tch about pictures LOL xxx

I love babies expression and that s/he is wrapped in a towel. It is a great momento of the (shortlived) newborn stage.

Maybe a more gentle conversion to black & white - it looks a bit harsh, and a wider crop to include the adults hand (I'm assuming it is a hand on the RHS), to give it context and show how tiny baby is. A bit more light in the eyes would have been good, but it's hard to do depending on available light.

I love babies expression and that s/he is wrapped in a towel. It is a great momento of the (shortlived) newborn stage.

Maybe a more gentle conversion to black & white - it looks a bit harsh, and a wider crop to include the adults hand (I'm assuming it is a hand on the RHS), to give it context and show how tiny baby is. A bit more light in the eyes would have been good, but it's hard to do depending on available light.

Cool,points taken

It didn't bring joy or fun, doesn't gives audience space for imagination.
Practically, the flash has cause her pain. Sure you know their eyes is not developed to cope with this at this stage.
sorry doesn't work for me

Sorry, I don't want to be a forum argumentative type. But, I can't help but wade in here as a medic. There is absolutely no evidence that flash photography hurts baby/toddler/adult eyes. Is this a common photographer thing? As a tog asked this during my GP placement aswell. In fact, research has been conducted with concentrated bursts of light just cm's away from babies' retina's with no adverse effects documented.

If flash was harmful, 80% of the population would be blind by now, in peads i see tom, dick and harry snapping photo's basically hovering over babies eyes for extended periods at a time.

To suggest your causing pain - is plain wrong though.

Back