newborn mentoring

Name
Jill
Edit My Images
Yes
Last week I had a newborn mentoring from the brilliant Sarah Wilkes http://www.sarahwilkesphotography.co.uk/ It was 5 hours long we has a brilliant gorgeous baby boy and I learnt so much about newborn photography and editing. Sarah was a huge inspiration with her creativity and I fully recommend her mentoring sessions. Here are just 3 pics I have edited so far I took 250 shots in total so have got alot of work to do

babyr6f by JillGreen1, on Flickr

babyr5f by JillGreen1, on Flickr

babyr4f copy by JillGreen1, on Flickr

Last edited:
I love these types of shots! I would love to give them ago with my newborn but I am limited on knowledge of what makes a good shot and plus my little girl is a bit of a fidget.

Sarah uses only natural light which I think is perfect for newborns

Some nice shots there....

I think you've gone a little too tight on the crops on #1 and #3 though....

#1 - Looks a little cold to me....

#2 - very nice! :)

#3 - Looks a little on the warm side....

A very good attempt! I bet you learnt loads from Sarah! Wish i could have her mentor me for a day! :(

Some nice shots there....

I think you've gone a little too tight on the crops on #1 and #3 though....

#1 - Looks a little cold to me....

#2 - very nice! :)

#3 - Looks a little on the warm side....

A very good attempt! I bet you learnt loads from Sarah! Wish i could have her mentor me for a day! :(

I thought that myself over the skin tones after I uploaded then but have now edited them again. I actually like the close crop as I do have 100 more not so tightly cropped so will post some of them

He he i am editing mine now its weird seeing someone posting the same shots as me lol

Ok great shots babe pp needs a bit of work

1 is too cool and could use brighting and a colour injection

2 &3 very warm which is making skin tones wonky could use a midtone boot in curves too!

I just finished editing one the same as #1 do you want me to post it in this thread to see what i mean about brighting and the colour?

I liked mine until I saw yours lol back to the computer oh well more practice to make perfect

These are lovely, would be interesting in a mentoring session too, how do I find out about one?

Thanks.

dltracy said:
These are lovely, would be interesting in a mentoring session too, how do I find out about one?

Thanks.

Message Sarah she's in this thread under misssassylassy I fully recommend it

Lovely stuff. Really like the natural light. Would love to be able to do these kind of shots.

Back