Newborn Photography

Name
caitlin
Edit My Images
No
Hello!

I'm a qualified child practitioner and i feel my experience with babies will help me in the career i want to peruse!
I want to be a newborn photographer, mobile for the time being until i can get set up somewhere! Sadly im not rich lol!

I have a Canon 600d with the 18-55mm lens.

I'd love it if anyone can offer me tips on equipment or the necessities i will need to start doing this i really want to learn and get started i love photography so much i know i want this to be my life. Any help at all will be appreciated, equipment, lighting, lenses you name it i need tips lol!

Hello!

I'm a qualified child practitioner and i feel my experience with babies will help me in the career i want to peruse!
I want to be a newborn photographer, mobile for the time being until i can get set up somewhere! Sadly im not rich lol!

I'd love it if anyone can offer me tips on equipment or the necessities i will need to start doing this i really want to learn and get started i love photography so much i know i want this to be my life. Any help at all will be appreciated, equipment, lighting, lenses you name it i need tips lol!

Hello!

creative live have done a few courses on that subject, you can find snippets on youtube

oh thankyou lol sorry about that it was my first time on here last night..im slowly getting to grips with it! lol thanks

I would start with the lens, the one you have is not that sharp. Have a look at the canon 50mm f1.8 they sell new for around £75. You then need to decide if you want to shoot with natural light or artificial. There are some great photographers out there that only use day light (not sun light). As it's the cheapest (free) thats where I would start. Buy some cheap throws and use them as back drops / something for the baby to lie on. They are also easy to wash as all new babies leek. Until you know what you are doing don't charge people, offer your services to friends for free. It may sound daft but practice will a doll until you get the light and look you want. On your first few attempts make sure you have lots of time. This is especially true if you want the baby asleep. They can spend almost their whole life asleep in the first few weeks except when you put a camera in front of them. Try just after a feed as they often sleep.

thankyou so much for this answer it has helped me massively! I have just ordered the 50mm lens so im very excited for that to arrive! This has been so helpful thanks alot!

Back