Newcastle quaydide night time long exposures

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Went into newcastle this evening with my camera and took some pics of the quayside and surrounding area. Learned my lesson after my 800iso disaster long exposure a few weeks ago so made sure these are all 100iso, all around 35-45 second exposures @ f11. All comments are welcome, hope you like.

Thanks for looking.

Nick

Last edited:
They all look great. This is something I yet to try. Though down here near Darlington it's snowing right now so I'm staying in doors :)

Lovely set of shots! A great area to photograph as well, sadly nothing like that where I live.
Gaps between the shots would be nice though! they tend to blend into each other.

it's hard to see where one picture ends and the next begins tbh. I don't know about the streetlight in the first one but I do like the next 2 images. The last one isn't as 'sharp' as the others, maybe the exposure was a lil too long?

I can remember when the quayside was all railway tracks and scrap yards :LOL:

Gorgeous... but then I'm biased when it comes to matters of the north east ;)

So to acheive this kind of shot, camera on tripod, very low iso, so 100, and then a very long exposure of 30-40 seconds. Did you just experiment with the exposure time ? or was there something that gave you an idea what timing to use ?

Great work - I think you nailed the technique! I hope to try some night shots too in the next week or so

great images especially view to north bank

Great pics. Its a great place, really good for photos on a night time the lights really set it off. Heres 1 i took a few weeks ago

swing by Tony Appleby, on Flickr

Great images Nick...really show of what the Quays has to offer for night time photography!

thats amazing with the kit lens!!! im off to london today for the week, and i got the same kit lens along with the 55-250 and nifty fifty, think i shall be giving the 18-55 kit lens a fair bit of use to see if i can get anything along the lines of your quality, really good stuff mate!

in the same boat as me at the moment then lol :(

thanks for the tips, my gear is all packed in its back pack now, including tripod and shutter release, i just have to get use to manual focus as i hardly ever do it manualy lol do you magnify via liveview? as most of the time i try the live view is just so dark i cant make much out

Back