Newcastle Quayside at night

Steve,

No's 3 and particularly 4 are impactive. What processing are you using on these?

Bob

I prefer No 2 (a good, straightforward, well-exposed, compositionally balanced image), and would like to see No 1 with the same processing (or lack of). Treatments that take a photograph towards a graphic look are a matter of taste, and I guess most people will respond according to whether they like sweet or sour.

Regards, Tony

Last edited:
I like the compositions but not so keen on the processing. You may want to search the threads for other examples of this location. There's quite a few, including my own, as it's a popular subject.

Steve,

No's 3 and particularly 4 are impactive. What processing are you using on these?

Bob

Hello.
Just playing about with a couple of plug-ins I stuck in photoshop.
One PI is ReDynaMix and the other is LucisArt.

I have also ran them through the "Merge to HDR in Photoshop" and them played further in the above plug-ins.

I was just playing about really to see what can be done.
I took a series of the same pic with different exposure levels and played with high dynamic range there is a good tutorial by a bloke called Ben Willmore..Its called HDR Mastery. Well once I seen it I had to try.
BUT I took the images that bit further once back to 8 bit images.

Its not everybody cup of tea. Its simply different !
PS: I do have the raw files still and they look OK as " a normal image".

Regards Steve

Last edited:
Number 2 for me, the others look over processed and detract from the beauty of the shot for me anyway

Number 2 for me, the others look over processed and detract from the beauty of the shot for me anyway

I agree entirely with you. Number 2 is excellent.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment on the photo's.
I think this post shows that the majority of people would rather view a "more realistic" photograph that has been edited and processed in a more normal way.
Extreme processing is not for everyone and sometimes it takes things overboard.

Regards Steve

Last edited:
Steve,

Thanks for putting on your processing. I must get down there and get some shots of the lighthouse as I only live about a mile away!

Cheers,

Bob

Steve ..

Hiya mate. I love them all - I'm a fan of the HDR type processing, but like others, I am drawn to the cleanliness of number 2.

All great shots though. Well done!

Cheers.

Anth.

Some good stuff on your website - especially the mammels section! How did you manage that series of shots?:LOL:

Some good stuff on your website - especially the mammels section! How did you manage that series of shots?:LOL:

You get downwind of the hill....
Sit very still....
And make a noise like a worm !
we4.gif

lol...Steve

Last edited:
1 is bad, sorry but it's grainy and soft, 3 isn't quite as bad but still very grainy.

2 is the best of a bunch, much sharper, good composition.

Back