Newcomer from Lancs/Yorks borderI

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, just a quick hello from a 55 year old who has just purchased my first "serious" camera in 25 years and that is only an £80 Fuji S9500 bridge camera purchased this evening on ebay that hopefully will inspire me to get more serious about the hobby I once had back in the days when my OM10 was still my pride and joy.

Still got it but not used it in years and after several years with a compact followed by getting increasingly decent pictures on my smartphone I thought it was time to make a step forward and make a purchase.

Bought an MGB a few weeks ago and already been on a couple of trips with plenty more to come including Europe next year and then maybe further afield later...........

Looking forward to capturing those moments and many more

Tony

Hi Tony :welcome: to the forum

Hi Tony and welcome to the forums, sounds like you are going to have some interesting journeys soon, keep us posted with thepics won't you?(y)

Many thanks for the welcome. Yes buying the MG has certainly fired up our imagination with regard to travel and with that comes the desire to record the places we see. Win win win situation I believe :)

Hi Tony welcome to TP :D

We have a lovely film section too if you dust of the OM10 :D

The OM10 is in mint condition and probably only ever had 40 rolls of film through it. Only problem was the shutter sticking which I believe was a common problem at the time.

The OM10 is in mint condition and probably only ever had 40 rolls of film through it. Only problem was the shutter sticking which I believe was a common problem at the time.

They are lovely looking cameras but then saying that most film cameras are gorgeous :D

Hi Tony, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

I still have a Fuji S9500 camera that I no longer use but over the years it has accompanied me on numerous times back to the USA as well as being one of my take everywhere bits of kit. If used carefully and shooting in RAW it's surprising just how good the results from them can be.

Last edited:
Now this will be my first "newbie" question

I have heard the phrase many times but in simple terms what is "raw" in camera terms ?

Now this will be my first "newbie" question

I have heard the phrase many times but in simple terms what is "raw" in camera terms ?

Hi Tony, This section of the forum is really just for welcoming new members etc, so If you were to post this question in the "Talk Photography" or possibly the "Beginners" section of the forums then I'm sure you will pretty soon get the answer your looking for.(y)

George.

Hi George, many thanks for the heads up. Amazing amount of info on this site. Lots to learn but loving it so far.

Tony

MG getting re-taxed on Friday (1st April) time for some more driving trips out soon.

Crikey. :wideyed: 2 potentially expensive hobbies!!!!! :LOL:

Welcome, Tony.

(seems you aren't too far away from me. Sunny Barlick :cool: )

Was only in Earby till September but moved to Winewall so a little further away but work down the road at Thornton Hall Farm so travel nearly to Barlick daily.

We're only a mile or so from THF & have been a couple of times with the kids. :confused: (is it the balloon festival shortly?)

Back