Wales Newport, Pembrokeshire?

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
I will be spending a few days inland from Newport, Pembrokeshire in a while and wonder what photo-opportunities there are in the area.
I won't be taking my 200-500 but will have a 300 f4 PF and a selection of lenses from 24mm up to go with my D850 and Nikon 1 V2.
Landscape, seascape, fishing boats, old transport/equipment all have an interest as well as wildlife.
Any suggestions as to areas that might be productive?

(I'll have transport :) )

TIA

Not much then. :D

There is plenty in Pembrokeshire! Fantastic coastline in the Pembrokeshire National Park. Strumble head isn’t to far away (35 mins-13 miles away). The thing about Pembrokeshire is there isn’t any good roads so everything is 30-60 mins away!

Not sure about wildlife. Plenty of seabird colonies around the coastline but most would be left or leaving soon.

If it’s landdcspes you are after why not have a look at getting Drew Buckleys South Wales foto vue guide. His website has some great images that could give you an idea of locations too.

If you’re prepared to drive around then there’s load of places to visit.

Preseli Hills or mountains as we prefer to call them! Lower town in Fishguard, St. Davids, Whitesands and the headland, Solva, Porthgain, Abereiddy and the Blue Lagoon, Bosherston Lilly Ponds and Broad Haven South Beach, Green Bridge, Elegug Stacks, Gwaun Valley.......................

It depends on how far you want to drive. The St Davids Peninsula is my favourite part of Pembs, I think; the view from Carn Llidi above Whitesands beach is spectacular. . Strumble Head, west (ish) of Fishguard is good with Garn Fawr a minor summit with a major 360 degree view from it.

Pentre Ifan cromlech near Newport is good; it won't be far away. There are some lovely old oak woods between there and Newport. Views from Carn Ingli above NP are excellent. There's lots and lots to see and do.

For bird photography the bridge at Newport can be pretty good when the tide is coming in or going out.

Thanks guys,very useful and some names to note and research (y)

Back