Next day camera

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I was looking for a Tamron 24-70 G2 (Canon fit) and this company nextdaycamera.co.uk sells them for £782 with 5yr Warranty. While they do have some pretty good reviews on Trustpilot, I must admit that I have never heard of them before. I was wondering if anyone here have bought from them ?. Many thanks.

I bought a Tamron 70-200 g2 off Nextdaycamera.Paid by credit card,everything went ok. Received a e mail to say they have received my order and received the lens next day. It came very well packaged up.

I bought a Tamron 70-200 g2 off Nextdaycamera.Paid by credit card,everything went ok. Received a e mail to say they have received my order and received the lens next day. It came very well packaged up.

May I ask how long ago that was & have you had any issues since ?, also was the item UK stock, or was it a clear Grey ?. Many thanks

Last edited:
Thank you, I will seriously consider using them. I have previously used E-Infinity in the past for a, so have no problem in buying Grey stock, but as the Tamron 24-70, will become my mostly used lens, I just wanted to hear other people’s experiences from them.

I have never heard of them before.
New company, only trading for about 6 months.
Address is a branch of Mail Boxes Etc.
Clearly black market goods with VAT evasion.
Ts & Cs seem to be mostly compliant with legislation.

I had the Tamron 24-70 as a backup lens. It wasn't good. Quality wasn't good in any way, and it was very flimsy. I had a lens in for repair and used it pretty intensely for about a month and it broke on me. It seemed to just wear out.

This does seem to be a new version to what I had, so I hope the quality is better. In contrast I had a Tamron 24-105SP, which was one of my favourite lenses ever. Aside from a slow autofocus, it was a stunning lens, beautiful quality. Wish I could find someone with the spare parts to repair it.

New company, only trading for about 6 months.
Address is a branch of Mail Boxes Etc.
Clearly black market goods with VAT evasion.
Ts & Cs seem to be mostly compliant with legislation.

One thing I don’t understand is that if they are Black Market goods, by not paying VAT, how can they claim that the product is UK stock ?. Sorry but before I got into Photography, I had never heard of Grey imports & had only referred to Black Market goods, as things like Guns and Ivory products.

As I see it:
Grey are official items distributed by a method not 'approved' by the manufacturer. As such they are 'legal' (the non-payment of VAT etc is a different thing). Manufacturers guarantee may or may not be honoured.
Black market would be goods sold illegally...counterfiet items etc.
'UK stock' - item is in the UK already (doesn't mean it came in via the official route or that applicable taxes have been paid)

Last edited:
And the forum is full of two distinct brigades who will all be along in the minute to tell you all about why you should or shouldn't buy grey. One half telling you how the world will fall apart if you don't buy UK stock, and the other half having more money in their bank accounts as a result of buying grey. (You might be able to tell which side I might be on)

There are many known long established grey importers such as Panamoz, Digital Rev and HDEW cameras - all have many customers within these forums. You might want to compare your price on each of these websites too. You'll likely not get a VAT receipt as standard - but that might not bother you if you're not a business and VAT registered. There's ups and downs to both sides of the argument - and it's for you to decide which is best for you. There are a multitude of threads discussing grey imports. Do your research and make the best choice for your personal circumstances.

One thing I don’t understand is that if they are Black Market goods, by not paying VAT, how can they claim that the product is UK stock ?. Sorry but before I got into Photography, I had never heard of Grey imports & had only referred to Black Market goods, as things like Guns and Ivory products.

Most of the grey market camera gear in the UK is really black market. A big chunk of the reduction comes from taxes (mostly VAT) being dodged. Sometimes grey suppliers offer to pay any taxes that are charged to purchasers, but they are relying on most shipments slipping through the (very loose) net untaxed. It's common to underdeclare values in shipping documents. Sometimes there is small print that states the purchaser is the official importer, and is therefore responsible for paying all tax and duty (even if the supplier states elsewhere they will refund any that actually gets charged). It would be perfectly possible to have a legitimate grey market of unofficial imports, benefiting from the lower prices charged outside the UK for some products, and paying all required taxes, but in practice this doesn't seem to happen much for camera gear. It would, I suppose, be hard to compete with the suppliers who facilitate tax evasion and get away with it most of the time, and for many products they wouldn't be able to offer much of a discount once tax was factored in.

And the forum is full of two distinct brigades who will all be along in the minute to tell you all about why you should or shouldn't buy grey.
Those who pay tax, and those who don't?

Most of the grey market camera gear in the UK is really black market. A big chunk of the reduction comes from taxes (mostly VAT) being dodged. Sometimes grey suppliers offer to pay any taxes that are charged to purchasers, but they are relying on most shipments slipping through the (very loose) net untaxed. It's common to underdeclare values in shipping documents. Sometimes there is small print that states the purchaser is the official importer, and is therefore responsible for paying all tax and duty (even if the supplier states elsewhere they will refund any that actually gets charged). It would be perfectly possible to have a legitimate grey market of unofficial imports, benefiting from the lower prices charged outside the UK for some products, and paying all required taxes, but in practice this doesn't seem to happen much for camera gear. It would, I suppose, be hard to compete with the suppliers who facilitate tax evasion and get away with it most of the time, and for many products they wouldn't be able to offer much of a discount once tax was factored in.
A very accurate summary.

Back