next zoom lens for a novice

rmb

Name
Roy
Edit My Images
Yes
hi
im looking to buy my next zoom lens for my sony a200.i have just been using the kit lens so far and it has served me well so far.but after a day of tryng to seak up REAL close on wildlfe and and chasing sfter my 2 year old to get a better shot i think i am ready for a new lens. i dont have a lot to spend about £100 .i have seen these two lenses within my price range.Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 Macro DG Lens and Sigma 55-200mm f4-5.6 DC Lens . are they any good and what is better.
any advice would be great.
i will continue to use the kit lens for wide lens shots untill i can save for something better .i could just do with a bit more zoom.

thanks roy

cant go wrong with the 70-300 in my opinion i just got one and it now stays on the camera, and you get a lot of good quality lens for the money, i love it.

I know it's not a zoom lens but to add a twist to your photography you could go for a small prime lens, something like a Minolta AF 50mm 1.7. A great little lens for portraits etc. They normally go for around £70 on ebay.

The sigma is one of the better 70-300 lenses for the money that you can fit to your camera, it definitly performs better than the Tamron and beats it in every section in most reviews

I know it's not a zoom lens but to add a twist to your photography you could go for a small prime lens, something like a Minolta AF 50mm 1.7. A great little lens for portraits etc. They normally go for around £70 on ebay.

thats exactly what i was going to get after a new zoom.would just use the zoom more at the moment.

yes i had read some reviws just wanted an opinion from someone who owend it.
thanks i will go and order one now.

cant go wrong with the 70-300 in my opinion i just got one and it now stays on the camera, and you get a lot of good quality lens for the money, i love it.

does it come with any sort of lens hood or would i have to buy one .any recomendations? just looked on sigma website it does come with a hood.
just ordered mine should be here thursday :clap:
:thumbsdown:start 3 12 hour night shifs then so wont be able to play with it untill monday.
is it wrong to be excited to be getting a new lens. o well iam .he he

ok i have just got my Sigma 70-300 mm f4-5.6 APO DG Macro .i just have a few questions on opereration of the zoom is it stiff when new because mine is. not a loat so you feel you are forcing it .other than that it is working fine.

yeah mine was quite stiff when new but its ok now after a bit of use.

Back