NGC 4725

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally had a go at this galaxy ngc4725. it lies over 40 million light-years away and is over 100 thousand light-years across.
This is a combination of 10 x 180sec for each channel red, green and blue, so total exposure time of 1hr 30min.

Taken using my 550mm refractor telescope Friday night

ngc4725_RGB_V1-DeNoiseAI-low-light.jpeg

Had another go Saturday night this time using a 2350mm reflector telescope.

ngc4725_hd925_small.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful, I am always impressed with the results you guys achieve, well done :)

Yes, it's a Celestron Edge HD925.

It has taken me some time and practice to even begin to get a deep sky object image I dare share out of it. I found using it for planetary imaging comparatively easy.

I swapped my electronic focuser across from my refractor for this image and it makes a huge difference. Also tracking at these focal lengths is another learning curve, the margin of error is very small.

No problem with the questions glad to help anyone who is interested. Astrophotography is a never-ending learning exercise.

I used a Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 mount in EQ mode, there is no way you can take 3min images using an AZ mount, the stars will all elongate and the overall image will rotate due to the rotation of the earth. AZ mounts are more suited to observing and short < 30 sec exposures using shorter focal length telescopes or camera lenses. For long exposure photography at long focal lengths (over 400mm) you need an EQ mount.

Here is my setup without cameras attached.

Planet-Kit.jpeg

Last edited:
Back