Niagara Falls

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Well with my mum currently over visiting, we dicided to take a trip to Niagara falls. You cant even describe the pure natural power from this place, really is amazing.

Anyhow, I got a few shots, none of which I feel are particually great as a very dark sky didnt help at all, along with the pure valume of mist from the falls, and a wet lens (didnt risk taking any from the boat as it was that bad)

Anyhow, still thought Id share

1, From the 'Table Top', the volume of water is awesome

3874130677_eb36de6abd.jpg

2, Maid of the Mist (probably one of my favourate shots of the day)

3874131525_dbcfda20a2.jpg

3, From the Maid of the Mist as we set of, American falls to the left, the Canadian to the right

3874920922_79e936fdcb.jpg

4, Just to give you an idea of size and how much mist is created, its like heavy rain (probably my other best shot of the day haha)

3874922596_32ab679420.jpg

5, American Falls and the people on the walkways, again gives you scale.

3874134811_93622865a7.jpg

6, Again American falls to the left, Canadians falls to the right

3874926182_ba44e51606.jpg

7, Finally, just trying to capture the pure power of these things

3874138467_30360b92e5.jpg

As always C&C Welcome

I stayed clear of the 'tacky' attractions and we headed off down to Niagara on the Lake, and visited a Vineyard :)

The first shot is a beaut. It has a real "about to go over in a barrel" perspective. (y)

Thanks!

Have been playing withb them today at work to see if I can make them any better, but to be honest, Im quite happy with them as they are

Got some great shots there! My only quibble is (and I might be wrong!) no 2 and 3 the sky is burnt out and maybe an ND grad might have been in order... Cracking results though!

Rob

Yeah, I keep wondering about an ND filter kit for mine, I must admit!

Very nice and it brings back memories for me too. We visited in the winter and the spray had covered all the trees in icicles around the side of the park.

yeah the sky looks a tad bit blown out, colours could use a boost too perhaps. I know how tough it is to shoot the falls though, nicely done! Like the first one too.

Jewel

Thanks everyone.

Might have a quick play with my basic editor to see if I can improve a few of the photos following on from your comments :)

Back