Nice day out today

Edit My Images
Yes
:) had a nice day out today with my lovely wife-to-be we were both taking pics and thoroughly enjoyed the day out especially now the bitter weather has let up for the moment!

anyways just thought would share a few pics as we enjoy looking at many of the pics shared by everyone from the forum

B24Jan2010030.jpg

B24Jan2010024.jpg

B24Jan2010015.jpg

B24Jan2010062.jpg

B24Jan2010065.jpg

lucky we were there at the right time to see 1 of the naval ships coming back through the breakwater

there were quite a few people out at same place we were taking pics so must have been a nice day once the fog lifted!

thanks for taking the time to look

Some nice record shots but i'm not very keen on the crazy angles you have taken them at especially pictures including water.

Regards Toonie

It's always nice to get shots like these as reminders of your day out. The weather looks great after such a dull spell.

I think the pictures are a littles hazy and could do with sharpening to liven them up. I hope you don't mind, but I just sharpened a couple of them to see if it helps.

It's always nice to get shots like these as reminders of your day out. The weather looks great after such a dull spell.

I think the pictures are a littles hazy and could do with sharpening to liven them up. I hope you don't mind, but I just sharpened a couple of them to see if it helps.

we dont mind at all :) maybe we should change our profile say we dont mind our pics edited, after all, its someone elses time improving the look/feel!

we do see the difference and thanks for your effort, as the pics uploaded r straight from the memory card to photo hosting site with only an edit for size so as not to breach the rules of the site!

which edit program are u using to alter the images? we are quite new to photography so any pointers are greatly appreciated because photography has coma a long way in over 20 years when i had an slr 35mm with mixed results as never had the benefit of ttl metering back then!

I used the Canon DPP software on this, but that's only because I had it open. I also use either Elements or PSP. I find that a few of my lenses are soft and the images need sharpening, but I have now increased the sharpen and contrast in the camera to compensate for this if I take pictures in jpeg and not RAW.

subtitled

There are plenty of free & good image editing programs to get you off to a good start, try http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/. Most of the images you have posted don't need to much doing to them apart from levelling the horizons.

Regards Toonie

Always nice to see piccies of the old home town - Picked a nice by the looks of it. :clap:

Hey guys - we aren't supposed to offer critiques on Photos for Pleasure! :rules:

I'll just say that I love the atmoshere in these. ;)

Back