Nice little win

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
Monday night at my local camera club the chairman said if anyone's interested there was a load of old film camera gear going for nothing, just email the guy.

So I looked at the photo on the notice board and saw what looked like a nice Olympus OM2n and lenses.

Long story short no one else emailed so I collected the gear last night.

Absolutely mint OM2n with Zuiko 50mm f1.8 & 28mm f2.8 lenses
Olympus Winder 2 and T32 flash.
Tamron SP 500mm f8 mirror lens with Tamron 2X converter and rear filter set (which will be fun on my EM1 MK2).
Halina Paulette Electric 35mm camera
Super Paragon 80-200 f4.5 Zoom
Panagor auto macro converter.
Minolta 110 underwater camera and 2 unexposed rolls of 110 film (with an expiry of 1995 :) )
2 unexposed rolls of 35mm film
A Bell & Howell cine camera (Super 8)
8 "new" super 8 cine films with splicer.

To say I'm happy is an understatement.

20230914_080006.jpg

20230914_080054.jpg

IMG-20230913-WA0005.jpeg

20230914_080149.jpg

IMG-20230913-WA0019.jpeg

Wow, a Minolta 110. Haven't seen one of those in years, I had one, fun to use but produced dreadful photos. As long as you don't print larger that a postage stamp you should be OK ;)

You'll enjoy using the OM2n. It's the best of both worlds, manual and auto (aperture priority)

As for servicing, check out the cost first, it can be expensive. Only you can decide if it's worth it. However, use it first to see how it performs and if you like it.

Wow, a Minolta 110. Haven't seen one of those in years, I had one, fun to use but produced dreadful photos. As long as you don't print larger that a postage stamp you should be OK ;)

You'll enjoy using the OM2n. It's the best of both worlds, manual and auto (aperture priority)

As for servicing, check out the cost first, it can be expensive. Only you can decide if it's worth it. However, use it first to see how it performs and if you like it.
Thanks Paul.

Can't believe the condition it's all in.

Lovely old guy who gave it to me too.

Didn't want to accept the bottle of red I got him.

I couldn't take it without giving him a little something.

If you ever think of passing on the Halina Paulette Electric, I'll put my name down for first refusal.

Now that does bring back a lot of fond memories.

If you ever think of passing on the Halina Paulette Electric, I'll put my name down for first refusal.

Now that does bring back a lot of fond memories.
Let me see if it works and I'll come back to you mate.

Out of it's hard case it's in really good nick and the seleniumlight meter appears to work still.

Thanks Matey.

I forgot to add, it's best to use SR44 batteries not LR44. The LR44 voltage drops quickly while the SR44 is stable throughout its life. Makes for more accurate exposures.

Last edited:
Blimey , That's a very good gift , Maybe you could make a small donation to the forum running costs using this link
Unless you do allready.

Be even better then knowing you are helping out , Just my thoughts and yes I do contribute.
Hope it works for you , The OM is a decent 35mm camera.

Last edited:
So just had the first film back from DS Colour Labs in Stockport and the camera works really well.

Looks like I have water marks on some negs but not sure if this is due to the film being 23 years outside the expiration date? :D

If it's watermarks I'll go somewhere else for processing. Any recommendations?

To be honest I'm amazed I got anything.

Just a test film so subjects not important.

Birmingham North-1Sm.jpg

Horse Busker-1Sm.jpg

Nice! For colour, I always use FilmDev, and get dev/scan. Just a touch more pricy than it used to be, but much less than inflation. Usually quick turnaround and you get scans back via WeTransfer once you've paid.

Lucky you.
I got a Halina Paulette for my 21st, 54 years ago, and I had the Minolta to take on the beach because you could simply wash the sand off.
I only got rid of them about 5 years ago along with a Praktica LLC.
I never had the Olympus though
Have fun

I can also vouch for FilmDev, having used them regularly for a while now. In fact it was probably Chris who recommended them to me.

Back