nice pic......but

Edit My Images
Yes
shame about the background, this chap must have fired off 100 arrows, and i took a pic of most of em, eventually i ended up with what i wanted timing wise , lol

MyPix

Berkleycastlejoust004Medium.jpg

You know what I am going to say already…much shorter depth of field and moving around your subject to get the tree trunk out of frame would have helped tremendously.
The subject and speed of the arrow releasing from the bow would have been very difficult to capture at just the right time and I am surprised that you managed it with only 100 attempts.

Wot Steve said ^^^^^^^^^

I'm guilty of the same thing and often kick myself when I get home and look at the pictures and realise this.

that was the trouble, i couldnt move as he was roped off for safety, and rather than waste the oportunity i decided to live with the crappy background, my main aim was to capture the arrow just leaving the bow like i have shown, i dont actualy mind the tree trunk, its the feckin massive speaker that gets me , lol

this shot was also at the limits of the full zoom on my S7000 ( digital included ),

i know there are lots and lots of things that could improve the picture, but i think i managed to capture ' the moment ' even if it aint a technically perfect shot,

cheerz for the comments

MyPix

You have certainly managed to capture the moment but after 100 attempts you should have noticed the background being so detailed and altered your settings to reduce the depth of field. This takes nothing away from your timing though and you should be pleased with your persistance, most inc me would have given up long before that!!! :LOL:

It may take a while, but could this not be rescued using photoshop to blur out the background, or at least clone out the speaker?

blimey Kris has it taken you all this time to edit that??

(look at the dates of the posts...)

Oh yeah, bugga!

Hey sod off, I'm old. I started it then went off to do something else, then forgot, Better late than never!

Must be the alzheimer's, can never remember if I'm getting in or out of the bath too!

Now where's me two footed slipper?

hehe!

LOL... like the version of the pic minus the speaker.. except there are two wires sort of coming from nowhere now :D

Great shot, and good editing, but no wonder the scots kicked a**, he has a big red cross right across his chest, what a target area for our excellent scots archers. :D

only a very rough edit so it looks a bit odd, but you see the point. i was thinking of less dof as steve said, this can be done in photoshop with a bit of gaussian blur if needed. you can change your dof or customise your pretend bokeh how you like of course.

edit365ci.jpg

Back