Daily Nick's 365 for 2012

Day 24

24/365 - The Leicester Peoples Photographic Gallery by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Had to nip into town today just to get some final things for my Iceland trip. As I was there I thought I'd pop in to the Leicester People's Photographic Gallery - a relatively new feature in the city, in an old lending library in the centre.

Was nice to see all the work on display, including a few of mine!

Taken with the Fuji x100 in Panoramic mode - and it did a relatively decent job :)

Day 28

28/365 - Skógafoss by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Skogafoss in Iceland. Very wet and raining which meant to get this shot I had to clean the rain from the lens, get an assistant to hold an umbrella in front of the lens to keep it dry, then quickly move it out of the way so i could take the shot before it got smeared with rain again.

Terrible conditions!

Wow some interesting one there of Iceland. Looks a great place to visit and photograph. #27 is very nice.

Thanks Jon - yeah, really interesting place - just a shame it rained so much, ruining most of the photo opportunities we had planned - plus the snow blocking the roads made for hellish driving conditions.

Still great excuse to go back :)

Iceland looks like the most amazing place (y) a little sad that the nerd in me was thinking about the fact I know the exact type of plane you travelled on :coat:

The standard of your photo's is stunning (y) it's a shame that your thread has not attracted some more attention :shrug:

I don't know if your aware but we have a couple of sticky threads..

A list of those that are :wacky: enough to undertake this type of challenge if you would like to have your thread added to the list please drop a link to your thread into THIS THREAD

Also if your finding that your in need of support or can help with ideas for others please also see THIS thread

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks Matt - I appreciate you commenting. I have to admit I'd given up updating the thread due to the lack of interaction (let's face it, we're all here for feedback, encouragement and inspiration from our peers) but had kept going on the 365 on flickr. It's not easy, and I'll happily admit that the past couple of weeks have been diabolical for me. I can't wait until the days get longer and I can start doing the stuff I love!

Iceland - it was brilliant and I'm definitely going back. For someone who loves landscapes the way I do the terrain was so 'alien' it was brilliant. Going to aim to get back there in November I think.

As for the aeroplane I was on - don't worry about knowing the exact type - as an ex-air cadet I find the flying part just as enjoyable as the actual holiday. If not tinged with jealousy and envy of the guys up by the front window ;)

I'll bring this thread up to date. See what happens :)

Back