Nifty Fifty

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
sorry if this has been asked i did a search nothing turned up

what is the big deals about the nifty fifty i keep hearing people cry about these

i heared they are sharp lenses but what styles do the go with ie just macro is there another general use for them

how sharp are they any examples please do share with me and tp

what will the overall beifites be

thanks

If you search for nifty you get tonnes of results. ;)

For example pictures go to flickr.com or pbase.com and search for 50mm (f1.8. f1.4, etc).

De-Ja Vous :LOL:

I have said it before and I will say it again

JUST BUY ONE YOU WONT REGRET IT :)

You know it makes sence! :D
DelBoy.jpg

i heared they are sharp lenses but what styles do the go with ie just macro is there another general use for them

A nifty is not a macro lens though. They are great for low light conditions, and very versatile little lens. I bought myself one for Christmas (went for the AF-D, not the S) and after adjusting myself to a prime lens I find that I'm using it more and more.

As said above, you'll not regret buying one.

i have had the 1.8 and the 1.4 and have loved them both!
its a lens i miss when i dont have it so its walys in my bag!

nice find

are the prices about £70?

will these be ok with portraiture type photos? I'm getting more and more interested in using my dslr properly and have been using the 'little ones' as subjects and find in lower light areas they move too quick and blur, was thinking these lenses would allow quicker focussing??

i think they go for that area used on e bay lol cant worj that one out myself so good price to me on here if you are lucky About £40.00 but get snaped up so fast you need to reply within 2 secs
sorry make that 1 second

edit

yes they do just short of 2 days left and at £56.00 inc delivery so looks like a bargain new @ £70.00 delivered
check this out LINKY

A quick snap from my recent 50mm. If it is a lens that you can use, it's great. Remember that it is a prime and the you zoom with your feet rather than your fingers and you'll be fine.

No idea how to link from my gallery - look to the left and click Gallery.

Chris

tulipone u got any more to show but im liking what i see

Sorry, no. Never really used it much. It is really great when it is useful - I just replaced it with the Tamron 17-50 2.8 (arrived today - loving it already).

My advice? Buy a secondhand one on here - there is usually one up sooner or later and try it out. They hold their value so even if you decide that you need more flexability you loose very little. Wish I'd listen to myself as so far I have bought two brand new ones and sold them at a loss!

Chris

im tempted as well myself and agreed ou have to be quick. i tihnk i missed out on 2 on here that sold the same day they were advertised!

i think i read they are good in low light so would be something I'll want.... along with remote, flashes, zoom lens, tripods, more memory, external harddrives......... :)

i have had the 1.8 and the 1.4 and have loved them both!
its a lens i miss when i dont have it so its walys in my bag!

on a point and shoot auto mode, is there much difference between the two?

Not really - unless you control the aperture for DoF or want to use it on a faster shutter speed. I understand that the bokeh is different, I am sure someone wil have some examples.

yeah the bokeh is smoother, i think the 1.4 is sharper I have more confidence in the 1.4 and the USM helps and it doesnt hunt as much as the 1.8 did.

If you like the focal length then the 1.4 is a ideal upgrade.

Thanks Andy..... Now I want one even more! lol

£70ish from Amazon!! or there are a couple on the Bay of E (y)

I am very new to this and have just bought a 50mm F1.8 from a friend for £35, very pleasesd with it. Nice little lens.

D

I am very new to this and have just bought a 50mm F1.8 from a friend for £35, very pleasesd with it. Nice little lens.

D

nice. and how cheap!??

I have the same slr as you, do you have any examples of what you have taken with it?

I have seen landscape type scenery, to close up shots of flowers/animals to people/portraiture. Is it a versatile lens being a prime lens?

nice. and how cheap!??

I have the same slr as you, do you have any examples of what you have taken with it?

I have seen landscape type scenery, to close up shots of flowers/animals to people/portraiture. Is it a versatile lens being a prime lens?

I will have a look when i get home from work, to be honest i have not taken it outside for proper shots yet, just been using it whilst learning the camera. I am reading Understanding Exposure at the moment and the 50mm is on there. I will try and take some shots over the weekend.

D

Has anyone tried one of the older 50mm lenses? The one with the metal mount, How dose it compare with the new one?

You can get it in ef mount as well .

On ebay now, #140295788789. 140295726038/

Back