Night photography of a tractor?

Suomi

Reet Nice Feller
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Not quite sure if this is the correct section to ask this, apology if it is not.

I have a hare-brained idea of trying to take a picture of a tractor at night :wacky:

I guess my first question should be someone must have tried this before, how did you find it?

I have in my mind that I could illuminate the tractor with two shots of low power flash, positioned a quarter on at each end. Would this give me problems as these are open wheel'ed vehicles Such as shadows)?

Also don't really want the cab to sort of melt into the darkness, so should I flash the cab from behind or from inside (don't want flash refections in the glass)?

Finally has people used glow-sticks before to illumiate night subjects, thinking maybe one underneath to give a glow like you see on some modified cars.

Think I need to go an lie down :nuts:

Any hints or suggestions most welcome.

If you search for light painting you'll find that what you've described is reasonably popular and there are a lot of tutorials and videos available on the subject.

You can buy light Gels to place inside places to illuminate an area i.e green,red, yellow etc, i'm not sure exactly how they work though.

Best idea is to just go and play if you have the oppurtunity.

Spend a couple of hours trying all sorts of things and then your work won't be a copy of anyone else's, you will have created something just from your own tinkering (y)

Back