Night Riding

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple from this evening. I know the composition may not be to everyones taste, but i would like to know what people think of the lighting more than anything.(y)

Toby Big Air Little Quarter

3225625269_e0cd278b5c_o.jpg

Toby Big Air Little Quarter

3226480084_6ec28a799c_b.jpg

this is what i was going for. but mine were in daylight.

was it light enough for the rider to see ?

brilliant shots

Cheers mate(y) The shots were taken at around 7.30pm so it was fairly dark, but our skatepark has floodlights. I used two flashes both at 50% one to the left on the floor facing up to highlight the ramp, and then one to the right on the top of the ramp to light Toby.

I looked at your shots, i think you need to dial down the apperture to get that almost evening look to your pics, this way you can up the flash power and it will darken down the ambient. I have found this works well in the middle of the day as you can get that very dramatic sky look. I know someone mentioned gelling and changing your white balance, i found if i did this, i ended up with riders with blue faces:LOL: Hope this helps(y)

Great photos - so sharp and perfectly lit in my mind

the first one's real nice. good lighting, good style, although like you say it could be framed better.

the second is technically well lit but the rider lets you down by looking a bit dead and uncomfortable (maybe you caught him a fraction after the peak?).

Back