Night Shots from European Finals at Santa Pod

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hello again,

The story behind the following shots was that I was already there with the camera and watching the very end of the racing for the day and decided I may as well see what I could get in the dark just using the light from the exhaust flames and see if anything could be done in PP. I'm not sure if its just me but I don't know if these work or not.

Any critique is welcome, if anyone has ever pulled anything like this off with subjects moving this fast in the dark then I'd be interested as to any advice to try next time around, or anything that I could do better in PP (I'm not very capable with Photoshop I must add, I'm quite a newby when it comes to advanced PP). I'm happy with people editing and can email RAW (.CS2 files from a 40D) or TIFF files if anyone wants to play with the full size pics to demonstrate what could be done better.

Many thanks.

IMG_9679.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

IMG_9666.jpg

IMG_9665.jpg

Wooaa! They look stunning, never seen any fuel shots like that before. They could pass as oil paintings.. so how is it done?

If you could see a little more of the nose in 4 that would look great printed huge.. as it is 1 gets my vote, I like how it picks up a bit of detail yet still brings a sence of speed and 'the race' with it. Great stuff :)

Honestly. . . . . . . Superb set, not sure that any extra editing would help, certainly don't want to lighten the cars any more as you will loose the dramatic effect.

.DAVID.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I'll post up later about how I got what I got, but I'm posting from my phone at the moment. Thanks.

I thought that the first image was somehow showing the same machine twice. Then realised it was the one in the far lane.
Impressive. They are clearly not hanging around, and dark as well.
Number three my favourite.
Well done.

Back