Night Time Car Shots

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out with a friend last night to do some car shots, not really done this before so wasnt really too sure on how to setup, we went to a little tunnel which was pretty dark, the images looked ok on the camera but are a bit darker on the laptop. Would appreciate some feedback on how to get better pics.

I was going for a dark BG with just the car in focus and lit with some light on the ground like a halo affect. I used two flashes both on the same power although im sure one is slightly more powerful than the other.

IMG_8043-2.jpg

IMG_8050-3.jpg

IMG_8054-4.jpg

IMG_8062-6.jpg

IMG_8064-7.jpg

IMG_8123-10.jpg

How can I get more of the car lit as most of it was quite dark, I had them about 4-5 feet away from the car and were on something like 1/4 or 1/2 power roughly.

Thanks

A couple more

IMG_8087-8.jpg

IMG_8094-9.jpg

IMG_8060-5.jpg

Turned out quite well matt, I will do my photos later and see how they turned out.

My car actually looks clean in though pics.

Do you mind if i take one for my dp?

Yer thats fine! I look forward to your pics mate, will let you have a play with the flashes a bit more next time! Hopefully get some good feedback and will be able to get better pics next time!

They look ok - might want to blank the numberplate.

Light painting. Put the camera on a tripod, long exposure. Use a bright torch and walk around the car lighting it. Trying not to get the light directly at the camera...

There are some really really good pics like this on the forum - try doing a search for cars and light painting.

I think I would have put the headlights on to give it a bit more interest.

Thanks, going to try different things next time will try headlights on to see what that looks like.

Cheers for the comments

Back