Nightclub Photography Dressing

I'm guessing you will be employed by the club?

If so, I would wear darkish clothes that clearly identify you as a photographer AND a member of the night club staff.

You don't want to be confused with a random taking photos unless you want a assisted selfie colonoscopy!!

In a 'normal' nightclub I'd say wear a shirt even if most clubbers seem to be in a tee these days, you need to look like you belong there but also be a bit smart so you're recognised as working at the venue. If it's a rock club then t-shirt & jeans would probably be fine.

Personally unless it were a high end club, I'd say a black t-shirt with "Club Photographer" nice and bold on it, along with casual trousers and comfortable shoes/black trainers...if it's a high end place then dress up for it (y)

Done a fair bit of this in the past :) with most likely do it again as some point too when necessary

Wear something that cleans and that stains come out of easily.

plain black t shirt for me these days, or just anything casual.

A shirt or anything with 'photographer' or anything on just makes you look like a complete knob head IMO. If people see you with a camera they will come pestering for shots no matter what.

Last edited:
How would you dress if you was a photographer for a Nightclub?

Just want some ideas for when I start

You're in a nightclub... wear something appropriate. The club may have a dress code, so you will have to obey that, but if not... wear what's appropriate. If it's a rock venue.... a smart white shirt and nice pants will not exactly help you ingratiate yourself with the clientèle.. and vice versa.

Back