Nightography Attempt

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I went out on Sunday night for a photography session in Sheffield Centre.

I'm not really pleased with the results tbh. I found it hard to find some inspiration but the ones below are the best of a bad bunch.

One question I have though, is how to avoid the blown out street lights? I could seem to prevent that effect from occurring.

C&C welcome :

Peace Gardens

PeaceGardens_zpsb4800a2b.jpg

PeaceGarden_zpsad87d92d.jpg

Light Trail

LighttrailAttempt_zpsaddfcd40.jpg

I'm no expert but you deserve a reply after 7 days!

Not sure you can avoid the blown out lights given the difference in light levels in the same scene. Unless you use some post processing to reduce the levels in those particular areas. Or use an HDR programme to combine three different exposures and strike a balance.

I'm no expert but you deserve a reply after 7 days!

Not sure you can avoid the blown out lights given the difference in light levels in the same scene. Unless you use some post processing to reduce the levels in those particular areas. Or use an HDR programme to combine three different exposures and strike a balance.

Thank you for your response. (y)

I'm liking the feel of image 2. Something warming about coloured light off a wet ground.

I can't see any exif on the shots, but in reality it's a multiple exposure shot to sort the highlights out due to the range of light in the shots, have to admit, I do like no2 as well, but the light in the centre could do with being cropped out

nice shots of my home city. Actually looks quite pretty for once :)

Back