Nightscape

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
No
I took a trip out to try my hand painting with light but the results were less-than-satisfactory so here's a long exposure instead... I didn't have a tripod with me so the camera was on top of my car nestling on top on a jacket to support it :)

That is a corker matey. Would look good on any wall :) well not a pink one maybe :LOL:

First rate shot. Night silhouette against a deep blue sky is a great combination. Stars, moon plus cloud movement - it's all there.

Thanks for the comments :) For a quick grab before getting out of the cold I have to say I'm pretty chuffed with it.

good use of the sloping silhouette upwards left to right in the best spot to balance the night sky..wonder if there is some way to equate black to non black tones to determine the exact point of balance...:geek:
cheers
geof
ps is it bigger?

Really like that. Foreground is a little lumpy and bumpy, screaming for a simplistic tree or something, but it still works. Great fun shooting in such conditions,

G.

Thanks Geof & Gary.

The lumpy foreground on the right is (part of) Bonehill Rocks near Widecombe on Dartmoor... I was fairly low down below it so it didn't quite make for the dramatic silhouette I was hoping for :)

Back