NightTime

Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure where Im going with this - incase it isnt so obvious :shock:

Basically a 30 second exposure of the girlfriends watch - trying to capture the luminant segments.
Noticed the watch glowing in my peripheral when sitting here in the dark and thought I'd see what I get.
night-time-web.jpg

Now its nothing special but the thing I did like about it is the luminant impacts left from the second hand as it ticked by.

Anyhow thanks for looking - apologies if its a waste of your time;)

I do like that :) What settings did you use? I always find long exposures hard to do.

hi warspite, I hope you don't mind but I've tinkered with your picture. The original didn't provide me enough image to play with to get the crop I wanted but I think the composition is better now. What do you think?

watch.jpg

Joe T said:
I like Ribby's version. :)

Might be even better rotated 180 ?

Is the second hand just catching the light rather than showing luminance ?

Great long exposure shot though, I like it ... was it really that late Warspite or a dark afternoon shot ?:laugh1:

Interesting. I've never tried to take a pic of a luminous watch as you'd see it in darkness, although I've often thought about it. The problem is short of being down a mine it's never completely pitch black dark and the sensor will probably pick up even minimum amounts of available light long before the luminous markings register on the sensor, and thus spoling the effect.

Bod has kindly offered to denote a Lowepro backpack to the first person to pull off this shot.

Well.... he might have, ;)

CT said:
Bod has kindly offered to denote a Lowepro backpack to the first person to pull off this shot.

Well.... he might have, ;)

Have I? That's bloody generous of me. :)
I think I deserve a pint for that :D

Thanks for the comments :)

And thanks for the edit Ribby - I also prefer your version:thumb:

The settings - basically taken with a 50mm at F2 for a 25 second exposure (although the watch seems to be saying 26 seconds;)) on ISO 100.

The second hand is also luminus, and glows so what you see is the image of it before it flicks to the next second.;)

Back