Nike 10Km RunLondon - Hyde Park (56k - 15 pictures)

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Having Sponsored John (Dark Star) to run in this event I went along to check up on him.

Half expected not to be able to pick him out as there were so many runners. They were released in 4 waves spaced well apart so there was a constant flow of runners of all abilities.

Most of these are just random faces in the crowd type shots. I headed towards the middle of the park first and saw the watering station. Problem with being near it was runners kept lobbing near full open bottles about!

They seemed well stocked
10.jpg

Slightly blurred panning shot of a self shower
11.jpg

Would have been easier for the cleanup guys if they just drank it
12.jpg

Another watering
13.jpg

Team Canon?
14.jpg

The Serpentine was just behind me....
15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Just a walk in the park to some people
18.jpg

How many???
19.jpg

Must be home time soon
20.jpg

You have one new message
21.jpg

Our Hero! John 2 bottles
22.jpg

Finishing straight
23.jpg

He made it and I've paid up :)
24.jpg

Robert - thanks - although do I detect a bit of 'width' adjustment in the one with my two bottles ;)

You didn't have to really - very kind of you nonetheless :D

It was a great day and I will do it again!!

Well done John, it's a great feeling to finish a race knowing you have raised a lot of money for a good cause.
Some nice candid shots Robert.

Aww put it back how it should be Rob - it'll give me incentive to trim down :)

Nice set of pics, some great captures amongst them (y)

Well done John :clap:

Just got my official time in: 1:09:00 - not bad - better next year :)

Big well done John, you & the young lady next to you look very happy (in 2 bottles) & Im sure you must feel very proud to have done your bit!
Hope you dont ache too much today.

Thanks for sharing the pics Robert, good set.

Thanks InaGlo - my upper thighs know something went on yesterday but otherwise I'm fine - the young lady is Catherine from my office we crossed the line together and we've raised about £1,000 between us for cancer research!

the young lady is Catherine from my office we crossed the line together and we've raised about £1,000 between us for cancer research!

And money raised for an excellent cause too John..:)

cool! nice

Thanks Adam - the beard stays though - its now 33 years old and has only had one week off for good behaviour in all that time! :D

:D (y)

Should I ask what happend that one week then John?... I cant help but think a woman may have been involved. ;)

I can answer that one.

Johns son is in the music business. When the group released their first single he said "if they get to #1 I'll shave off my beard". It did and he did but I was away on holiday so he stayed shaved for a week so we could laugh at him too.

Well now you mention it, it was Blazin' Squad :)eek: yes, I know!) and Crossroads was the first of 7 top ten singles. We also have two gold albums on the wall, which is pretty cool to an old music fart like me!

He's now in Friday Hill - the 3 piece spin off - and has notched up two more hit singles. His name is James - if you have teenage daughters or nieces they might know him as 'Flava' from Blazin' Squad.

www.myspace.com/fridayhillofficialsite - hes the ginger one!

And yes I'm very proud :D

Thanks Ian - its a very odd business he's in and not short of a few pitfalls, sharks and risks - but he's only twenty and got his head (sort of) screwed on so I can but hope for continued success for him and a villa in spain for me when he makes it big!!!

Well now you mention it, it was Blazin' Squad :)eek: yes, I know!) and Crossroads was the first of 7 top ten singles. We also have two gold albums on the wall, which is pretty cool to an old music fart like me!

He's now in Friday Hill - the 3 piece spin off - and has notched up two more hit singles. His name is James - if you have teenage daughters or nieces they might know him as 'Flava' from Blazin' Squad.

www.myspace.com/fridayhillofficialsite - hes the ginger one!

And yes I'm very proud :D

Wow, Bingo! big time. You must wake up every morning and beam as the memory returnes :D . Well done both, all and everyone....very cool indeed.

... Excuse me for taking so long to come back to you John.

Even though it’s a difficult business, and whether things roll well for him or not...It’s a very fine start isn't it, he must be learning loads of very useful stuff....very useful.

...you may still get your villa what ever happens. Here's hoping. :D (y)

Back