Nikkor 28mm f/2.0 AI-S - An itch scrached!

Name
Andy Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
Sometimes you just have an irrational lust for a lens... in my case I've been oggling nice manual focus lenses in the 24mm - 28mm range, looking at Zeiss or old classic Nikkor AI-S :)

Well I picked up a lovely copy of the legendary Nikkor 28mm f/2.0 (f/2.0 not f/2.8) - its a classic Nikkor, lovely build, beautiful MF action, pin sharp wide open with lovely bokeh.

I probably paid too much for it, although the f/2.8 versions seem to hit £135-£150 so who knows.

I find with my D700 I'm shooting primes again, 28mm seems pretty wide, and should be ideal for landscapes.. I guess I should post some images... but this is an itch scratched... :clap:

You know, I've used only my 28mm 2.8 on my past two shoots and I'm very pleased with it. Would love to get my hands on the 2.0 version. :)

Congrats on scratching that itch!

I was after a 28mm f/2.8 as well, but I kept getting outbid.

These things are optical marvels, and you can focus really close too, wide open you can do a portrait and the background is just creamy :love:

This is a much less expensive itch than the last one - when I was this "scratchy" before I ended up with a Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 VR!! :LOL:

Can I have it in 3 weeks when you sell it:nuts:

Can I have it in 3 weeks when you sell it:nuts:

This is going nowhere :love:

Its sooooo much cheaper than the new Zeiss 28mm f/2.0, and its one of Bjørn Rørslett's favorite lenses.

THIS THREAD MEANS NOTHING WITHOUT PICTURES :D:D

:woot: :D

Back