Nikkor Zoom

Edit My Images
No
In a bid to make sense of my old Nikon fit AF lenses I recently bought an F60, cheap.
With the body came an AF Nikkor, 28-80mm f3.5 - 5.6D. I haven't had chance to try it out yet, has anyone used a similar lens and what can I expect of the quality?

Its main advantages are its compactness compared to my wide fstop primes and of course the ability to shoot wide angle and portrait. I'd be interested to know how it stands up at 80mm and 28mm and whether it would do as a general lens?
Before anyone says try it and see, I intend to, but I'd be interested in any reports.

Ken Rockwell reviews (c) ....dont ya just luv 'em.......:D

"This crappy little plastic-mount $100 lens is a surprisingly excellent performer.

In fact, this is the best example I've seen of a lens that stupider people will dismiss without even trying it, whereas in fact it is among the best midrange zooms I've used!"

check out his website .."here"

and for a REAL review with no comments.....:LOL: ...look "here"

BTW anybody this link is a goldmine of info on Nikkor/Nikon lenses

and "here" is a chart with ALL the Nikkor/Nikon lens serial numbers, most with matching photo

Thanks v. much for those Yardbent. I thought it might be useful with the F60 as a point and shoot with 400ASA film in da street where the narrow aperture isn't such an issue. It sounds like it performs better than it feels and it's certainly compact.

Thanks v. much for those Yardbent. I thought it might be useful with the F60 as a point and shoot with 400ASA film in da street where the narrow aperture isn't such an issue. It sounds like it performs better than it feels and it's certainly compact.

damn it --- been thinking about one of those to go with my 50mm f2 on my Nikon F3

where did you find it ....?

Back