Nikon 1 Series - show us your shots

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
My avatar was taken with my 70-300 on a V1/FT-1.

by Nod on Talk Photography

Brilliant photos. Thanks for sharing.

Keith, where on the Exe is that wreck? Looks as though it's on the West side somewhere near Topsham.

Keith, where on the Exe is that wreck? Looks as though it's on the West side somewhere near Topsham.

You got it spot on mate...........this was taken from Topsham Quay :)

Had to go to Scotland last week and fancied coming home along a different route. Ended up at Bamburgh Castle as I hadn't been there for years. It was sunny when I left Scotland and looked forward to some sunshine at Bamburgh - wasn't to be (no different to the last time I was there). Put my hand to a bit of enthusiastic post-processing to make things a little more acceptable (to me)

Castle from the Road by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Always fancied playing cricket under the Castle
Croquet by Barry Cant, on Flickr

by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Off to Australia soon (work and a bit of a holiday) and feel like I need a bit of 'reach' and remembered some shots by nod with a 70-300 VR - thought I'd take a chance...

"Thwack - get out of here... my turn" - handheld 300mm (810mm equivalent on a V2) Seriously impressed.

DSC_1500.jpg

Nice one Barry............I use my 300mm f4 and my 70-200mm on the V1 and they both work brilliantly. Enjoy Oz - and looking forward to seeing some shots of your trip!

Some pretty amazing stuff here... love the IR stuff Mr. P, lovely colours courtesy of RR!

Steve's 300mm stuff shows what an awesome combination this makes.... keep them coming everyone!

I am looking at buying a 1 series and I think I am right in saying that the Nikon 1 V1 when used with a FT1 adapter allows the use of DX and FX lenses and still keeps auto focus and exposure.
I have a Nikon DSLR and it sounds attractive to me to be able to use my current lenses but which FT1 adapter do I need? All the ones I have seen so far seem to lose auto focus and exposure, or is that the case with all these adapters? It's not such a good option to me if it is.
Thanks

There is only one Nikon FT1 adapter and that maintains autofocus with AFS (or equivalent) lenses and is the one you want to buy (but they're not cheap, which is for a reason)

Anything else is just a cheap 3rd party alternative.

I am looking at buying a 1 series and I think I am right in saying that the Nikon 1 V1 when used with a FT1 adapter allows the use of DX and FX lenses and still keeps auto focus and exposure.
I have a Nikon DSLR and it sounds attractive to me to be able to use my current lenses but which FT1 adapter do I need? All the ones I have seen so far seem to lose auto focus and exposure, or is that the case with all these adapters? It's not such a good option to me if it is.
Thanks

There is only one FT-1 ….. the one made by Nikon
when use you only get "spot" metering, that's all
you do not lose and light, i.e. the lens fvalue is retained
AF works as with all Nikon lens …. i.e. sometimes you loose it at high fvalues

So is that auto spot metering or is exposure set manually?
Thanks

It is auto in that you have no choice … sorry, I'm an idiot, I mean't focusing - that all you get spot focusing using the central single point

Only with the AF-S lens of course

Last edited:
A bunch of recent shots: The V2 kit is the only thing I took with me for my week at the cabin.

The view from my cabin porch. v2 6.7-13mm @6.7

_DSC2970.jpg
by skersting66, on Flickr

Along the stream. v2 6.7-13mm @6.7. 4 image exposure blend to simulate slower SS.

_DSC3057-Edit.jpg

V2 70-300 @300 f.5.6

Northern Green Frog

Black Throated Blue Warbler by the porch. V2 70-300 @300 f.5.6

Black-Throated Blue Warbler

Red Tailed Hawk. V2 70-300 @300 f.5.6

Red Tailed hawk

B17G. V2 30-110 @ 30 f/5.6 CPL

B17

B17G. V2 30-110 @ 50 f/5.6 CPL

B17 by skersting66, on Flickr

B17G. V2 70-300 @ 200 f/14 (in attempt to get a slower SS)

B17

I tend to use the V2 a lot as it's always in my vehicle.

Never a dull photograph on this thread!

Back