Nikon 14-24 F2.8 Filter Solutions?

Edit My Images
No
I'm looking for any help with filter solutions for the 14-24....

Anyone got anything that works?? Even holding a Lee 100mm Filter against the lens hood isn't wide enough.

No idea fella BUT on my canon WD-H43 wide convertor for my HV20 camcorder I ended up taking the original lens cap, cutting the middle out and gluing a filter ring adapter to the end so I could mount filters (it now takes my 77mm's no problem at all). Possibly something like that might be an option.

My filter solution was to sell the 14-24 and pick up a 17-35 f/2.8 AF-S :)

I don't think there is a filter solution that will work on a full frame cameras, but its possible to get them to work DIY on cropped bodies.

Maybe a Cokin "X" series filter (130mm wide) could be held (or blutakked) to the hood?

Readin into this a little (and trying out handholding a lee 100mm filter), the problem you have with this is the refelctions you get on the back of the filter from the gaps in the lens hood. I guess we couls make something out of black fabric that covers those gaps?? But would that interfere with the image taken??

But would that interfere with the image taken??

I think so, on FF if you fill in the hood "cut outs" you'll see this in the frame.

To avoid reflections like that, make up a box from black card with the filter as the front. If the filter is big enough then the box won't show.

Back