Nikon 200-500 case/transport bag ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Just picked this up and disappointed with the cloth bag Nikon supplies, it doesn’t fit my normal day bag (lowpro slingshot 202)

I’m looking for transport/storage bag or case for this, seen a few but none seem to fit with foot and hood.

I generally only carry what I need and everything else stays in cases or a bag, this wouldn’t come with me all the time.

What’s everyone using ?

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
I had the same reaction, thing is though if you had to buy the bag it would set you back a small fortune (I had to buy a cloth bag for my macro.

I have a small Tamron bag for my kit when I take out a camera plus one lens... originally intended for D3 plus 70-200/2.8 VR1. does accomodate the D500/D810 plus 80-400 but the 200-500 makes the camera stick out of the bag by 2 inches....

So next 2 trade shows (Societies and Focus..) will be getting a new bag.. for the D500/200-500 combo and eventual K-1 or K3iii/150-450 combos. So I am on the lookout too.

OP
OP
scott199
Edit My Images
Yes
I usually carry my lens removed anyway, but likenyou my lowpro is about 3” to small for this lens.

I do have a lowpro 450ii that it fits in just fine but that a backpack style and fairly large, I just want a case to carry it separate. Seen a few on eBay/amazon but wanted first hand experience.

Edit My Images
No
Try looking at the Lower lens cases, I had one for my Olympus 300mm f2.8 Pro, It wasn't too expensive and did a great job, I know my brother has your lens I'll ask him what he uses when I see him at the weekend, but I know for his Nikon 600mm f4 he made a case out of a rucksack & foam.

OP
OP
scott199
Edit My Images
Yes
Try looking at the Lower lens cases, I had one for my Olympus 300mm f2.8 Pro, It wasn't too expensive and did a great job, I know my brother has your lens I'll ask him what he uses when I see him at the weekend, but I know for his Nikon 600mm f4 he made a case out of a rucksack & foam.
Thank you, would be much appreciated, ive seen a few, nothing specifically for the 200-500 but id really like first-hand opinion.

OP
OP
scott199
Edit My Images
Yes