Nikon 24-120 f4 or nikon 24-70 f2.8

I received a 24-120 this weekend with my new D750 and have tried it against my existing Tamron 24-70 f2.8 (which most reviews suggest has better IQ than the Nikon 24-70) and its hard to tell the difference, I'm torn on keeping it purely as I don't want to duplicate focal lengths but IQ wise its a cracking lens.

I received a 24-120 this weekend with my new D750 and have tried it against my existing Tamron 24-70 f2.8 (which most reviews suggest has better IQ than the Nikon 24-70) and its hard to tell the difference, I'm torn on keeping it purely as I don't want to duplicate focal lengths but IQ wise its a cracking lens.
Glad to hear you think it's a cracking lens.

@chrism_scotland how do you find the focus ring on the Tamron? I am having silly thoughts about replacing my Nikon 24-70 with a Tamron 24-70 & 70-200 set-up but unsure how the small focus ring is compared to the larger Nikon. I certainly like the VC aspect which would be handy for hand held shooting.

@chrism_scotland how do you find the focus ring on the Tamron? I am having silly thoughts about replacing my Nikon 24-70 with a Tamron 24-70 & 70-200 set-up but unsure how the small focus ring is compared to the larger Nikon. I certainly like the VC aspect which would be handy for hand held shooting.

I've never used the Nikon variant but I find the focus ring ok, I think its probably larger on the Nikon 24-70. Its nicer than the one on the 24-120 though.

Back