Nikon 28mm 1.8G

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Any thought on this lens? Seems to review well but rarely hear of it actually being used. I'm not a frequent wide shooter but looking for a prime that will do it all (with a bit of foot work) as a wide alternative to my 50mm for my D600.

It will be used for city breaks (New York in a few weeks, but shot there so much in the past I want to try taking one lens only), static automotive shots and the occasional landscape.

I had considered the Sigma 35mm 1.4, but the 28 seems to be smaller and lighter, costs less and gives me a reasonably wide enough view that I won't be looking to add something even wider on top of the 35.

I use one alongside a 50mm 1.8G for my wedding work, love the sharpness, colour depth and lack of weight!

I use one alongside a 50mm 1.8G for my wedding work, love the sharpness, colour depth and lack of weight!

Thanks, I guess I will find out soon enough because I just ordered the last one Amazon had.

These have a very good rep considered one myself but ended up getting a Sigma 35 f/1.4 instead. The Sigma is ridiculously sharp so I am glad I went with it in the end.

Last edited:
I've got one. Have to say, I really do like it, it's probably the lens which is on my camera the most.

I'm sure you're going to love it.

I've got one. Have to say, I really do like it, it's probably the lens which is on my camera the most.

I'm sure you're going to love it.

Same here. One of my best acquisitions. (y)

I've had 2 of these in the past, both were lovely sharp, but both had pretty heavy CA & colour fringing wide open. And it's also a very light plasticy lens, some people will love that and some won't, considering it's a plus £500 lens.

Said £500 lens was sat on the doorstep when I got home, more than likely been there for 6 or 7 hours! Considering we don't have an enclosed front garden (anyone could literally have walked past and swiped it) it's a good job we live in a quiet area.

Somebody less honest than me could happily have claimed it never arrived and the courier wouldn't have had a leg to stand on.

I had no idea this lens was available where have I been!

Back