Nikon 300mm f4 a/f motor repair ?

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Asking for a mate his A/F motor is gone ,anyone any idea on cost and the cheapest place to get it done

You can ask Nikon or fixation , Depending on age some are no longer supported due to lack of parts availability

Think he’s already done that

Might be worth trying Lehmann's in Stoke on Trent. Their shop is still closed under Covid regs but the service and repair facility is still open with courier delivery etc.

GC

- or many other good repair shops in the UK - I happen to use Newton Ellis in Liverpool - there is also A J Johnstone in Glasgow and so on.

It’s always worth just phoning up and then you can get some real info.

Probably not cheap - technician time is expensive.

Also you said that the motor has gone - I think the only model with a motor ( as opposed to screw drive ) is the af-s which is current production so parts shouldn’t be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also you said that the motor has gone - I think the only model with a motor ( as opposed to screw drive ) is the af-s which is current production so parts shouldn’t be a problem.

Thinking out loud, if it is an AF-S, does it still focus manually?

Reason for asking is I had an AF-S that stopped AF but also was hit and miss with manual focus, I opened it up and found a segment of the FPC had come adrift and was mechanically locking the focus action. Bit of sticky tape applied and it worked fine in both AF and MF:)

GC

Cameratiks in Edinburgh..should be about £120 give or take if I recall it's usually the flexi circuit board that goes on these things..that was a while back..you can post or take it in..I'm about 20 mins away so just took mine in..

Thanks Jeff for putting this up.. It does Manual focus, so hope it,s not to expensive !!I,ll give Cameratiks a ring..thanks to all for there input.

Back