Nikon 35Ti

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone on here have one of these ? opinions please

I remember seeing those a while ago are they like a mega top of the range PAS?

Anyone on here have one of these ? opinions please

From my perspective, their prices are so outrageous and far beyond what the camera can actually offer that it would be hard to justify purchasing one.

Last edited:
From my perspective, their prices are so outrageous and far beyond the what the camera can actually offer that it would be hard to justify purchasing one.

Have you owned one or is this just a opinion ?

This had me interested

" The Nikon 35Ti is one of the very best non-SLR 35mm film cameras ever made, and has one of the best lenses ever put on a 35mm camera by anyone. "

It's one of those collector pieces but according to Ken takes cracking pics.

I was looking into getting one about 18 months ago and when I looked again recently ( a couple of weeks ago) I couldn't believe how much the prices had shot up, nearly doubled. I won't be getting one now.

They do appear to be excellent but you can get a Contax G1 and 45mm lens for the same price.

Have you owned one or is this just a opinion ?

This had me interested

" The Nikon 35Ti is one of the very best non-SLR 35mm film cameras ever made, and has one of the best lenses ever put on a 35mm camera by anyone. "

Hell would have to freeze over for me to spend £400–500 on a 135-format point and shoot. There just isn't enough performance offered by that camera relative to its cost. Even Ken Rockwell referred to it as the rich man's holiday camera. For that kind of money, I'd rather have a Bronica RF645, which would knock the socks off the 35Ti, but to each his own.

I would buy one to be honest if I fancied trying it.
I went for quite a while taking an Olympus trip35 on my jollies and it was fantastic fun.
the pictures were proper holiday pics as well, taking it forward and having top quality in a tiny camera.

yep

I don't have one but I'm getting more and more tempted by a good compact. I bought an Olympus RC 35 as a small daily user but I think that I want something simpler and faster to use. Initially I began looking at the XA2 but I'm in danger of being led astray if something premium pops up at the right price.

I’m not a 35mm point and shoot fan in general because I’d rather be more in control but the 35ti has built a bit of an Ebay spender following. It looks ok and the analogue dials on the top are unique but I don’t understand paying £4-500 for any point and shoot. As above, I’d rather have a Contax G if I wanted a point and shoot because it offers some flexibility.

Last edited:
I use my Olympus Superzoom 105 G which cost me £2 earlier this year, so I don’t mind just chucking it in a pocket for off-the-cuff photos. It probably isn’t as sharp as some others, but it’s not bad either. I got a third place in FPOTY with it a few months back with it too. I’d like a high-end compact, but unless I win the lottery, not for the silly prices they now attract.

Once a camera gets a favourable review on 35MMC or similar sites, then the prices start to rise.

Last edited:
I'll stick with my £2.50 charity shop XA2.

Or if I'm feeling very extravagant, my £20 Trip.

They look like a positive bargain next to a Contax T3 :eek: I had no idea they’d gotten so expensive, I should have bought several a couple of years ago!

I was looking for a 28ti for a while a few years ago but a GR1 turned up instead, which incidentally, was a mighty fine thing in its own right.
Anyway, after a while I decide the 28 of the GR1 was a bit wide, 35 is where I wanted to be, but by that time I'd moved on to bigger and better things and a 35ti dropped out of my want list.
Had a Contax G1 for a bit, didn't mesh with that.
So looking at the cost of the 35ti, if I was wanting to sink a pile in a quality PAS, I'd probably go the extra mile and give the Konica AF a go, a bit more than a PAS I know but since the 35ti is gonna be 4-£500, its not a giant leap financially to the Konica.
Course, there's no accounting for "want", I mean I want a 35ti, its a beautiful uniquely designed camera like nothing else, that's why I want one, what it does and what its for is kinda secondary, I doubt I'd shoot it much...but then, I don't shoot 35mm much...:)

Last edited:
Back