Nikon 50mm 1.8D AF

Name
Liz
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone,

First of, thanks to those who gave me advice on the 70-300VR a while ago, I finally bit the bullet and bought one and I am definitely glad I did. Have only been out with it a couple of times but the quality seems far superior to my old tamron.

I am now eyeing up the Nikon 50mm 1.8D AF for my kit bag, but am just wondering how much use I would get out of it. I am hoping to make a visit to WHF soon and wanted to know peoples thoughts on using this lens here? I only have the 18-55 kit lens and having been before I know how close some of the cats get! I would like to be able to take some decent portrait shots of the animals, complete with bokeh and this lens seems like a relatively inexpensive choice?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Picked one up from amazon last week having previously owned one. Its sharp, small and cheap. No reason not to have one in your bag.

The difference between the kit lens and this is night and day to me. New they are £90/£100, second hand £60ish. You can't buy another lens cheaper and see no reason** why you shouldn't buy it.

**My older Nikon history is not the best but I think the D50 has an in built motor in the body. If it doesnt, pick up the 35mm f1.8 AFS

Apart from the price they look the same. There is a 50mm f1.8 d and the new more expensive 50mm f 1.8 Afs. There are also the 1.4 ones which are a lot more than the Afs ones. Have a look on cameraprice buster to see if you can get a new one cheaper.

I have the first one amd am happy with it on my D80

I've got both, but must admit to using the 35mm far more due to the crop factor...

I have a D50 and it definitley has a AF motor. Only 6MP but a brilliant little camera.

Back