nikon 50mm lens help

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so looking to to buy a nikon 50mm 1.8 lens for my d5100...It will be used for fishing capture shots ...looking at them there seems to be a few different ones to choose from ...what one should I be looking to get any why ....also any recommendations on others around the same price ....thanks guys

Hi

You need the 50mm 1.8g and not the 50mm 1.8d as this will not work with your camera.

Not sure what others you have seen and what your budget is.

maybe look at the 35mm 1.8g as you`re on a crop sensor, but the link should help you.

That would be my suggestion on a DX body. Wider is better for trophy shots in my experience, but not silly-wide to give you sausage fingers.;)

Thanks for the help guys ...was also looking at the 35mm 1.8 as there in the same sort of price range

If you have a zoom lens that covers both focal lengths, have a play with both 35mm and 50mm before deciding. There's not much to choose between them otherwise (35mm 1.8g vs 50mm 1.8g that is).

FWIW I had a 50mm on a crop sensor body like you have and found it sliiightly too close, I'd have preferred a 35mm in hindsight, but that's just my personal opinion.

My favourite walk round lens on my Nikon is the 50mm 1.4 but you'd have to buy the G version - which is not that cheap, even second hand.......

Think I'm going to go for the 35mm 1.8 seems a better option being slipghy wider can get that bit closer .....any recommendations to purchase one at a good price

Thanks for.all the help and advice have now bought a 35mm 1.8 looking forward to it arriving

Back