Nikon 55-200 VR lens

Name
Ian Ditchfield
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all, newbie here :cool:

about 6 months ago i decided to buy myself a dslr, after many hours of studying the (then) latest & the easiest to learn about photography camera i bought the nikon d40x, as everyone at the time was raving about it.

and let me say, wow.
If anyone else is after buying a camera to learn the tricks of the trade from buy a nikon as if you are unsure of something simply press the (?) button and things are explained for you. As a beginner, this is the best feature by far!

Anyway, with summer not to far off, i want to start shooting some wildlife shots and have decided to buy a zoom lens. i've have seen a decent offer on the nikon 55-200mmVR lens.

Has anyone else bought this lens? would you recommend it?

oh, i forgot to say, i've also seen a 55-200 lens without VR for about the same price.

Sorry Ian I can't help you there I have the Nikon D40 and am having problems trying to decide which lens to get next too!! It's a minefield. Good luck and I will be tracking your thread with interest.

hey, thanks for the replys

I could't wait, been out and bought the lens today. other than taking a few test shots at home, i've not really had chance to test it out yet. (wife, town, shopping...you know what i mean :thinking:)

I'll have a play around with it asap and maybe post the results on here.

Webby, i'll let you know ;-]

i have that lens as well and the results it produces for the price are pretty good :) the VR helps the shaking hand brigade but i find that i dont actually use the really long end very much and i kinda wish id have gone for a 18-200mm instead to stop me having to swap lenses every 5 minutes

Rik

Back