Nikon 70-300 AF-P FX Price Drop

My 70-300mm arrived today from amazon.co.uk, whilst it won't get a proper test until the weekend my initial impressions are good. AF appears fast and accurate, and it appears to be sharp. It's also light yet surprisingly well built for a lens of this calibre and price point (even before cash back).

I just have a couple of queries for those that have sent off their cash back claims. It looks as though the warranty card is now just the back of the manual rather than a separate card, is this correct? Also, on my warranty 'card' the lens model is listed but where it says serial number it's blank, as is everything else. Is this the same for everyone else and have Nikon accepted it OK, or did you fill in all the details yourself? Last time I had a cash back claim (70-200mm f2.8 VRII) it had a separate warranty card and the serial number was on the warranty card itself.

Yep - Nikons new thing is to just include the warranty on the manual (on new release lenses), no seperate cards anymore.

Great action shots!

It really is a very capable lens considering the price point we’re getting them at

Great action shots!

It really is a very capable lens considering the price point we’re getting them at
Thanks. Yeah I wouldn't be happy paying over £700 for it at launch, but at £419 it's a good performer. AF's good but not stellar, and the vignetting at the long end is the worst I've seen on any lens. Usually I add a bit of vignette in PP, but with this lens I remove quite a lot. Sharpness is good though, and it renders nicely. Nice and light too (y)

Back