Nikon 85mm 1.8 AF-S Aperture Blades stuck

Edit My Images
No
Hi guy, my lens rolled off my dining room table and hit the laminate floor, resulting in a lens that is currently unusable due to the aperture blades being stuck. They're locked in a closed position, obscuring most of the lens.

Are there any known tricks to fixing something like this; can I open it up and fix it myself, or do I have to send it off to Nikon for repair? I have a wedding coming up at the end of May and am worried that it will not available for use by then. Thanks..!

That's a good shout, thanks. I have a Samyang 85mm 1.4, which I love, but it's manual focus, meaning I'll feel a bit vulnerable whilst using it. I'll consider renting one if I need to, or the Nikon 1.4 perhaps. That could be dangerous, though!

How is the little aperture lever at the base of the lens? It may be bent or jammed if it's stuck, may be a good place to start to look :)

It looks fine. The cap was on it when it hit the floor and didn't come off. It moves a little but halfway through it's jammed and doesn't work. Bit of a bugger!

Back