Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens

Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening everyone. Total novice posting for the first time ✌ I (we) own a Nikon D3500 and the 18-55mm lens that came with it. I’m loving it! (When I remember to put the memory card in it and not leave it in my iMac...anyway). Can someone tell me the difference between a lens that is ‘VR’ as opposed to a ‘non-VR’. I’m looking to maybe in the near future buy the lens in the thread title, but for a bit more money I can get the VR one, is it worth it?
Thanks in advance.

FWIW I have this lens, and take the majority of my pictures with it. For the price, I think it's a great bit of kit.
It does have it's drawbacks; "slow" aperture, not pro image quality (but very good considering) and not always very plesent bokeh (subjective)
All things considered, I've been really happy I bought mine and think highly of it. I feel I've learned a lot using it, and it gave me access to a lot of subjects at a very reasonable entry price. Also, I've found the VR pretty useful.

I'd get the FF version myself even if you currently only have DX. The FF one is tack sharp (a cracking little lens), and always then gives you the possibility of using it on a FF frame F-Mount DSLR or even the FF Z MILC bodies in the future.

Back