Nikon AF-S TC-14E III Teleconverter

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
looking to get 1.4 convertor witch one should I get sigma or nikon will be using it with sigma 150-600 c and the nikon 70-300 pf on a d850 and z6

IIRC the Sigma 150-600 needs a dedicated Sigma TC - TC-1401

Last edited:
check the Nikon website.
Not certain that you can use a tc on a 70-300.

The Nikon TC will not mount on either lens (w/o modifying it). The Sigma TC probably won't work well w/ the Nikon lens; and if you do mount a TC on the Nikon lens there's a chance the elements can hit each other.

The Nikon TC will not mount on either lens (w/o modifying it). The Sigma TC probably won't work well w/ the Nikon lens; and if you do mount a TC on the Nikon lens there's a chance the elements can hit each other.
ok thanks for your post don't think I will get one thanks for saving me some cash :)

I bought a Nikon MKII 1.4 to 'try' on me Sigma 150-600c.

As mentioned by SK66 above, the tele needs an easy modification. Remove mounting plate (4 screws) and a small lug needs filing off, easily done in the hand.

Results on the sigma were hit and miss, under controlled testing, some shots were pin sharp, others soft. Its rare I use it on the sigma tbh

I also have a Nikon 70-300 AF-S VR, with the lug remove it fits on that too, again though, a little hit and miss.

When birding its lighter to carry than the 150-600 and ok for a few record/ID shots.

Last edited:
I bought a Nikon MKII 1.4 to 'try' on me Sigma 150-600c.

As mentioned by SK66 above, the tele needs an easy modification. Remove mounting plate (4 screws) and a small lug needs filing off, easily done in the hand.

Results on the sigma were hit and miss, under controlled testing, some shots were pin sharp, others soft. Its rare I use it on the sigma tbh

I also have a Nikon 70-300 AF-S VR, with the lug remove it fits on that too, again though, a little hit and miss.

When birding its lighter to carry than the 150-600 and ok for a few record/ID shots.
thanks for your reply think I'm going to leave it and just use the sigma

Back