Nikon body dilemma

Name
Nattelie
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a nikon d5200 but recently bought a lens from eBay, rubbish packaging. The d5200 doesn't have a built in motor, so the AF doesn't work for some lenses. AF is important to me because I have limited dexterity. I need to test the AF but ultimately I need another body anyway.

I'm pondering on getting an older model, d300 or d7000 probably. Low noise is important to me too, does anyone have experience with either of these models and had a positive experience with noise? Lol I used to have a Sony alpha 350 and noise was the bane of my life lol

As suggest a D7200 would be better if you can swing it. You could also go back to shooting Sony alpha bodies, all a-mount bodies have inbody focus motor for AF with old minolta lenses which is nice.

D300 not the best in low light. We still have one at work and it's grainy! Better tech on the D7000 so this is probably a better option. The D300 does feel like a 'proper' camera though - real pro/industrial feel to it!

I have a nikon d5200 but recently bought a lens from eBay, rubbish packaging. The d5200 doesn't have a built in motor, so the AF doesn't work for some lenses. AF is important to me because I have limited dexterity. I need to test the AF but ultimately I need another body anyway.

I'm pondering on getting an older model, d300 or d7000 probably. Low noise is important to me too, does anyone have experience with either of these models and had a positive experience with noise? Lol I used to have a Sony alpha 350 and noise was the bane of my life lol

What lens? Is there an afs version?

So flog that and buy the AF-S version, it'll be a lot cheaper than selling the body and buying a new one.
+1

Plus lenses keep their value pretty well as suppose to bodies which will only decrease in value over time.

So flog that and buy the AF-S version, it'll be a lot cheaper than selling the body and buying a new one.
Remind me not to invite you to my party :rolleyes: You are supposed to help the person get a new toy.

Thats the problem, the D version should have a aperture ring as well, those lens you will need a body with af motor.

The G version should AF on all body ....

Back