Nikon Capture NX2

Yes, I use it to process RAW files from my D50. Takes some getting used to, but has some very nice tools. I find the Colour Control Points extremely useful. I still use Paint Shop Pro for finishing - cloning, re-sizing, sharpening and export to JPEG for web or print.

Yeh, I`ve used Capture NX and Capture NX2...

Capture NX2 is just a 60 day trial I got with my D60 but they are both pretty good once youv`e had a wee play about with them/it...

I`m pretty much a Photoshop man though. Used it for ages.

Yeh, I`ve used Capture NX and Capture NX2...

Capture NX2 is just a 60 day trial I got with my D60 but they are both pretty good once youv`e had a wee play about with them/it...

I`m pretty much a Photoshop man though. Used it for ages.

Thats interesting.

I also have the D60 however I cant seem to find the latest Camera RAW plugin for CS2. In other words, I cant open RAW in Photoshop CS2. Am I doing something wrong?

Hence the question about NX2.

Yeh... as far as I know that`s right. CS2 wont open RAW files.

I use Capture NX to open the RAW`s up and do a bit of editing etc and then save them as jpeg`s. Then open them up in CS2 and edit them more in there...

Although I`ve used CS2 for a good while now it was mainly for editing game screens so there`s loads for me to learn about actually editing photos too, therefor somebody else might know more about the RAW plugin for CS2.

Hope that helps (a bit, lol)

:)

I use Capture NX (previous version before NX2) to process RAW files from my D80 (and my old D70s). It is an excellent programme for basic editing and manipulating RAW files. I do not do much processing thought to be honest, have no need for photoshop for day to day use. Use Capture NX to crop, tweak settings such as light levels, white balance etc and to output to hi res jpegs. I would certainly recommend it for basic tweaking of RAW files, if you need to do a lot of editing the you might be better off with Photoshop if you can get the plugin for your camera model.

Back